Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Pembrokian*
    I thought it was something with a 'V'
    I'm about to start my essay which is in for 2pm. On the whole this is not a problem, apart from the fact that none of the reading matches up with any of the essay titles.
    In the same boat, except mine was due 10mins ago. Just emailing to explain to the supervisor :>.<: But seriously... reading lists should not be twenty one titles long! I wasted so much time reading irrelevant crap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I won't drag mine to the library, because she really would be bored! I'll probably just grab the other Russianist who's being shadowed and get him to bring his shadow over to my room, we can Russian it up and chat at the same time. Plus, my staircase is majorly sociable so there'll be loads of people around willing to talk to them It's a plan!
    Nice for you. There are only two shadows at Peterhouse this week, and the other one's for medicine! And some of the planned activities look really crap. I don't mind taking them to a formal tonight, but I don't want to die of boredom sitting around at a Poker tournament or at King's bar! Late show at ADC is good, but it leaves three or four hours of time to kill between while I'm itching to work :hmpf:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I thought it was something with a 'V'
    According to the info we got as Freshers, it's Valencian. But I'm not sure if enough people know that for it to actually be used.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Is there a poker tournament somewhere today? Where??

Do you actually bother to read everything on the reading list?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    According to the info we got as Freshers, it's Valencian. But I'm not sure if enough people know that for it to actually be used.
    I've never heard of that before.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I thought that, but wiki's mention of Catalans strongly confused me and I abandoned the theory :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a poker tournament somewhere today? Where??

Do you actually bother to read everything on the reading list?
    :hmpf:

No obviously not - but it makes it much easier to accidentally read the wrong stuff.

And 7:45 at Churchill but for shadows.

ReputationRep:
    The snow is nasty and slushy this time, and I stepped in a massive puddle on the way back from the Sidgwick. :mad:
    At least you didn't spectacularly slip on the ice and fall flat on your backside at (the fully packed) New Museums Site today. Spent the rest of the morning sopping wet... I am so over the snow. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Grr, I can't work in the library. Any library. At all. I've tried working in so many different libraries - Selwyn, SPS, Mill Lane, Haddon, UL - and I just can't do it :mad: WHY?! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping that the snow would mean that I wouldn't be able to go into work so that I could spend the day in the UL (how crazy is it that I am now looking forward to that prospect?) but no luck. Probably won't get to Newnham library this week either. In fact next Monday is the earliest that I'll be able to go to any library at all .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Grr, I can't work in the library. Any library. At all. I've tried working in so many different libraries - Selwyn, SPS, Mill Lane, Haddon, UL - and I just can't do it :mad: WHY?! :mad:
    Try working in your room with frequent tea and TSR breaks. Takes longer but if you can sustain it consistently you're still better off than in a library.

ReputationRep:
    Nice for you. There are only two shadows at Peterhouse this week, and the other one's for medicine! And some of the planned activities look really crap. I don't mind taking them to a formal tonight, but I don't want to die of boredom sitting around at a Poker tournament or at King's bar! Late show at ADC is good, but it leaves three or four hours of time to kill between while I'm itching to work :hmpf:
    We have four - 3 linguists and an economist Two of them will have three hours of Russian with my friend and me tomorrow, so at least they'll have a companion to sit and despair with. I think we might opt for the pub quiz, because the shadows last week went to that and had a really good time. Depends what they fancy though - if it's the theatre I'll go, if it's the union debating workshop my friend will take them... We'll work it out I'm sure. It's quite nice to be forced to have a Friday evening off, although it does mean that my Saturday's going to be jampacked full of reading as well as all the various errands I need to run.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to the Late then?

(Original post by brimstone)
    I'll swap, I can't work outside a library.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I thought we didn't let them in, standard policy?
    It depends on how much money their dad's pay.

So yeah, we don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    It depends on how much money their dad's pay.

So yeah, we don't.
    Phew, I was getting worried

ReputationRep:
    I am alarmed by Freud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    We have four - 3 linguists and an economist Two of them will have three hours of Russian with my friend and me tomorrow, so at least they'll have a companion to sit and despair with. I think we might opt for the pub quiz, because the shadows last week went to that and had a really good time. Depends what they fancy though - if it's the theatre I'll go, if it's the union debating workshop my friend will take them... We'll work it out I'm sure. It's quite nice to be forced to have a Friday evening off, although it does mean that my Saturday's going to be jampacked full of reading as well as all the various errands I need to run.
    Yeh tomorrow's fine - its just this evening that's a massive issue for me.
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Are you going to the Late then?
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I think a fair few of you saw Craggy say this earlier, but I got a place (and funding) for a PhD at Cambridge in October
    Woooo, well done :woo: Is it at Emma?

ReputationRep:
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I think a fair few of you saw Craggy say this earlier, but I got a place (and funding) for a PhD at Cambridge in October
    Woooooooooooooo well done!!! Impressive stuff. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.