Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I think a fair few of you saw Craggy say this earlier, but I got a place (and funding) for a PhD at Cambridge in October
    Congratulations

And you still want to come, now that you've met the local TSR people?

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe it - the construction work has stopped! :eek3:
    So that's why I can hear myself think...
    Unlucky they leave it till I'm just about to collect my shadow
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    The construction work behind Fitz is going on until the end of March Craggy.

I can't work in libraries at all, it just doesn't happen - which is rubbish when I need a reference book.

ReputationRep:
    I think a fair few of you saw Craggy say this earlier, but I got a place (and funding) for a PhD at Cambridge in October
    although I said well done in the back room, i thought double congratulations were due. :teeth:

LLAMMA - have you got your RAG form in? Shall we say that we'll meet up at 7 outside Strada?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    The construction work behind Fitz is going on until the end of March Craggy.
    You mean sort of in the bit between Fitz and Lensfield road? I assume its next to Old Addenbrookes. That sucks, but oh well - I guess every Cam student gets their share of this experience at some point in their time here.

Whatever they're doing now is quieter. For the last 5 days there's been the ongoing sound of high pressure steam being sprayed against a plastic sheet :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Second choice?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Darwin is probably the most oversubscribed grad college though, although it is clearly the nicest.

ReputationRep:
    I am alarmed by Freud
    Lol, is that for the Western Culture thingy? So was I when I read it, although I was really tempted to pretend that I agreed with Freud just to make the seminar slightly more interesting.

And congrats Athena!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Oops

Well, my last line of defence is probably that all the Sanger applicants will go in before the January deadline graduates, who won't hear about offers for another month...

EDIT: And anyway, Cambridge is Cambridge. I'll cope with whatever I get!
    You'll be fine You've got in - that's the most important bit! :grin:

ReputationRep:

Uke: You're only as strange as the Oxford lot, and I've survived three years of that :p:
    That is meaningless without being told just how strange the Oxford lot are...

ReputationRep:
    Yay, well done

(Original post by minimo)
    LLAMMA - have you got your RAG form in? Shall we say that we'll meet up at 7 outside Strada?
    lol, are you going ahead with the form that you and llama filled in on monday night? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am yet to invest in a form. I really ought to. When is the deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Yay, well done

lol, are you going ahead with the form that you and llama filled in on monday night? :p:
    well I paid a fiver for it so I had better. Well that's if llamma agrees anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I am yet to invest in a form. I really ought to. When is the deadline?
    tomorrow! I shan't go if you don't

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow! I shan't go if you don't
    Oohooh panic! Anybody on here a rag rep? I don't know who mine are to track them down

ReputationRep:
    Oohooh panic! Anybody on here a rag rep? I don't know who mine are to track them down
    Have you tried the bar? I think that's where ours have been selling them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Have you tried the bar? I think that's where ours have been selling them.
    I don't venture into Caius bar ever. I can't today either because I'm poloing all evening.

boo

ReputationRep:
    I don't venture into Caius bar ever. I can't today either because I'm poloing all evening.

boo
    I'll try and get you one if you like and pidge it this evening/tomorrow morning?

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and get you one if you like and pidge it this evening/tomorrow morning?
    Oooh that would be cool. I give you monies through ums majingo.

ReputationRep:
    polo is cancelled. Anyone fancy doing something tonight?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.