Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    You were annoyed at the checkout being closed at the time, and I was just leaving so I didn't, sorry times!
    I'm glad someone heard me moaning and shouting about it being closed, the staff didn't :mad: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Yay Athena!

I tried to say to Craggy picking up her Shadow in front of Emma, but she resolutely failed to recoginise me :/ Sad times. Saw Zoedotdot though

Now to the tragedy - my shadow didn't come because of the snow... this means I have to do work, as opposed to avoid doing work because I have a good excuse. Boo.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn: Have just slept for an hour. This effectively means that I will get no work done today. Time to tidy my room!

ReputationRep:
    How do I find out how much rep I have now that the evil people in charge have messed everything up?

ReputationRep:
    I think you click on the view all given rep thing above your given rep box (mine's on the sidebar thingy) to see your rep power. Not sure how to see the actual number of points though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Darwin. VSM thinks it's almost certain I'll get that if I don't get Emma, which suits me - I'd rather not be Newnham/Murray Edwards/Homerton/Robinson/Hughes Hall/Wolfson etc, so I might as well make an intelligent second pick.
    Well done

King's does have one of the largest graduate populations for a non-grad-only college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I think you click on the view all given rep thing above your given rep box (mine's on the sidebar thingy) to see your rep power. Not sure how to see the actual number of points though.
    I'm not a sub, I can only see the last 3 reps given to me. (It used to be 10 :sad:). So I have no sidebar to speak of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I'm not a sub, I can only see the last 3 reps given to me. (It used to be 10 :sad:). So I have no sidebar to speak of.
    Click the little circle with the lines in it at the top of the bar. You should be able to specify how many reps you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I'm glad someone heard me moaning and shouting about it being closed, the staff didn't :mad: :tongue:
    lol I don't know why they don't just keep all of the tills open all of the time :confused: :rolleyes:

(Original post by Zhen Lin)
    That explains why he is aware that there are first years in the lectures. Should have guessed, since he sometimes talks to the Caians who come.
    oh dose he? maybe I should go along to get to see him more often :love: :tongue:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I finished my essay :proud: its not as polished as I'd like but its definitely handed in.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had one of those realisations that I always have at this time of the week of the stupid amount of work that I have to do over the next 7 days

ReputationRep:
    I've done zero work today. Absolute fail. Never mind.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Grr, I can't work in the library. Any library. At all. I've tried working in so many different libraries - Selwyn, SPS, Mill Lane, Haddon, UL - and I just can't do it :mad: WHY?! :mad:
    Libraries are depressing. I can't do it for any extended period of time either. The MML library is quite nice, though.

(Original post by Y__)
    By the way, am I allowed to complain about Dr S. :tongue: ?
    You are not allowed not to complain about him.

I've done zero work today. Absolute fail. Never mind.
    Yeah, same.

(Original post by smilepea)
    Erm well you said he was getting worse and was really disorganised. Which is knida verging on rude.
    If Y__ has nothing nice to say about the guy, isn't that a pretty good reason to say something? After all, lecturing is part of his job, and if there are students out there who aren't satisfied, he's not doing his job right - perhaps *****ing online isn't the best way to go about it, but then on the other hand, it's hardly "rude" to call Saxl disorganised. It'd be disrespectful to all things factually accurate in the world to call him anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Bleh. My answer is 200 times what it should be, and I can't work out why...

ReputationRep:
    Even non-mathmos will like this probability question:

"Parliament contains a proportion p of Conservative members, who are incapable of changing their minds about anything, and a proportion 1-p of Labour members, who change their minds completely at random, with probability r, between successive votes on the same issue. A randomly chosen member is observed to have voted twice in succession the same way. What is the probability that this member will vote in the same way next time?"

Gowers is a genius :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Libraries are depressing. I can't do it for any extended period of time either. The MML library is quite nice, though.
    Through what process are you studying German as well? Do you do any exams/tests/get supervisions/classes?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Thicky)
    Through what process are you studying German as well? Do you do any exams/tests/get supervisions/classes?
    Through the Diploma course run by the MML faculty. I attend "Use of German" and "Translation" classes, grammar lectures (well, I don't, but I'm supposed to), and supervisions for the oral exam, and then sit the relevant first-year Tripos exams at the end of the year, minus literature / linguistics / the stuff I don't do. It's about a quarter of a first-year MML student's work. There's also a qualification called the Certificate for those who haven't studied the language before (equivalent to a large part of the work done by MML ab initio students).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Gowers is a genius :yep: .
    I'm afraid it wasn't Gowers :tongue: It's been on there for 'years and years' according to my supervisor.

(Original post by Ukebert)
    Click the little circle with the lines in it at the top of the bar. You should be able to specify how many reps you see.
    It doesn't work for me. I change it to 5 or even 4 and click ok, or whatever the button is, and nothing happens.

ReputationRep:
    Aha! I got around the problem.

Rather than hit 'Save option' or whatever it is, I right-click and select 'Open in new tab', and the crappy website is outsmarted and I have access to lotsa rep history :yep:

Though I still don't know how to get access to my repping power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Yeah, same. .
    :five:

See you in the bar at just before 6.30

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.