Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    There's a co-op? I know there's a newsagent's and a petrol station on [Queen's road]...
    And actually there's a Co-Op down further than that if you carry on past the roundabout and follow the fork to the right which turns into Grantchester lane/road or whatever... before getting to the countryside and the path to Grantchester.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    And actually there's a Co-Op down further than that if you carry on past the roundabout and follow the fork to the right which turns into Grantchester lane/road or whatever... before getting to the countryside and the path to Grantchester.
    I think it actually stops being Queen's Road at the lights and carries on then being Newnham Road or something? Oh well, I never was very good at local geography - I know where I'm going, but that's about it... :tongue:

So who's doing an all-nighter? Can't just be me and Gesar...

ReputationRep:
    I think it actually stops being Queen's Road at the lights and carries on then being Newnham Road or something? Oh well, I never was very good at local geography - I know where I'm going, but that's about it... :tongue:
    I'm sure you're right

ReputationRep:
    Live search maps people :yes:

And I will be doing a few all nighters next week. Going to be a bloody nightmare, I've just remembered that I have 4 long labs to write up, most of which are due in next week

ReputationRep:
    I am! Orbits n that.

ReputationRep:

So who's doing an all-nighter? Can't just be me and Gesar...
    No doubt 5am TSR discussion will reveal this :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of lack of sleep, I've had one of my whims again, and this time it's to cut down my sleeping hours gradually until I only have 4 or 5 hours a night, maximum. (Because QI said so :yep:)

Next week, I'm going to try and get up before 8am every morning Then the next week before 7am etc. Though if I manage to consistently get up at 5am/6am, depending on when I went to bed, god knows what I'm going to do with the extra 5 or 6 hours of morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Speaking of lack of sleep, I've had one of my whims again, and this time it's to cut down my sleeping hours gradually until I only have 4 or 5 hours a night, maximum. (Because QI said so :yep:)

Next week, I'm going to try and get up before 8am every morning Then the next week before 7am etc. Though if I manage to consistently get up at 5am/6am, depending on when I went to bed, god knows what I'm going to do with the extra 5 or 6 hours of morning
    Think of some way to relieve the tension......................... ................................ ..:shh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

What exactly did QI say? I seem to remember reading about certain recent research that more sleep keeps you alive longer :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    What exactly did QI say? I seem to remember reading about certain recent research that more sleep keeps you alive longer :eek:
    But more time conscious means more life.

And QI said that 4 hours a night was optimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    I am! Orbits n that.
    That stuff is hideous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    But more time conscious means more life.

And QI said that 4 hours a night was optimum.
    Depends on your definition of life. And the research may have shown that a lack of sleep reduces lifespan. But i can't be bothered to befriend Google at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Correct. It may be that having 5 hours sleep will ensure that you live longer. IT will mean living with only 5 hours sleep a night. I'd be stark staring bonkers by the age of 24.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Correct. It may be that having 5 hours sleep will ensure that you live longer. IT will mean living with only 5 hours sleep a night. I'd be stark staring bonkers by the age of 24.
    As previously discussed it is my contention that you are already insane :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hurrah! (pg 12, second opinion piece on CUSU) written by an SPSer sharing two of my papers :yep: and nicely done.
    (Original post by Gesar)
    What's QI? Whatever it is, its talking rubbish! Prolonged sleep deprivation of that nature is scientifically linked to alot of unpleasant physical complexities later in life, threatening longevity. And if that's not enough, I lived on that last year and it nearly killed me. :no:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hurrah! (pg 12, second opinion piece on CUSU) written by an SPSer sharing two of my papers :yep: and nicely done.
    I'm not sure you want to start that argument in here again. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure you want to start that argument in here again. :tongue:
    This one is slightly different, if you read the article. Non partisan, for a start. And anyhow, if I have to leave the thread again my work benefits :dontknow:

Anyway, my involvement in this thread is motivated by the freedom to bubble or rant depending on my mood (while respecting other participants obviously), and I was delighted to read that.

ReputationRep:
    Hurrah! (pg 12, second opinion piece on CUSU) written by an SPSer sharing two of my papers :yep: and nicely done.What's QI? Whatever it is, its talking rubbish! Prolonged sleep deprivation of that nature is scientifically linked to alot of unpleasant physical complexities later in life, threatening longevity. And if that's not enough, I lived on that last year and it nearly killed me. :no:
    you don't know what QI is?!?! It's a Quiz Show hosted by Stephen Fry.

And it's worth a shot... I don't think I'll even last next week tbh though.

And how do I show a bounded convex function on an open interval is continuous?! Aaaargh. EDIT: No, wait, I think I've got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    you don't know what QI is?!?! It's a Quiz Show hosted by Stephen Fry.

And it's worth a shot... I don't think I'll even last next week tbh though.

And how do I show a bounded convex function on an open interval is continuous?! Aaaargh.
    Its not worth a shot! Trust me I live like that. I regularly fail to go to bed when I'm tired because I resent my day being occupied by stuff I don't want to do, so stubbornly stay awake to do stuff I like doing... I've been doing this since I was a small kid. I used to read books until the dawn chorus began despite school to get up for. It results in a chaotic sleep cycle and permanent tiredness.

And stop sounding so incredulous. I hate t.v. Films are nice, but I practically never watch t.v. Books on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    Its not worth a shot! Trust me I live like that. I regularly fail to go to bed when I'm tired because I resent my day being occupied by stuff I don't want to do, so stubbornly stay awake to do stuff I like doing... I've been doing this since I was a small kid. I used to read books until the dawn chorus began despite school to get up for. It results in a chaotic sleep cycle and permanent tiredness.

And stop sounding so incredulous. I hate t.v. Films are nice, but I practically never watch t.v. Books on the other hand...
    By worth a shot I meant until I felt particularly tired and had a lie in. I don't have much staying power with stuff like this.

QI is good, and even if you don't watch it I'm very surprised you haven't heard of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.