Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok EPIC fail at attempting to do work, and the internet can't seem to help me with what I want to do :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    ok EPIC fail at attempting to do work, and the internet can't seem to help me with what I want to do :cry:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)

ukebert, halfway hall is a posh dinner halfway through your degree for second years. You will have 'first year hall' in Easter term.

I've run out of chocolate

Library time :work:
    Ah, that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Ah, that makes sense.
    Indeed. Now you tell Gesar what formal hall is like so I can go to the library. Btw its basically superhall with one less course, and food slightly nicer than buttery...

ReputationRep:
    How has it got to 3pm and I've only done my introduction?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Now you tell Gesar what formal hall is like so I can go to the library. Btw its basically superhall with one less course, and food slightly nicer than buttery...
    Yeah, I've never been to non-superhall formal, so all I know about it iis what you've just said :o:

However, go to the Library!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    I dunno if we have covered the correct distribution in probability to comment!
    N(0,0)?

Ugh, I'm bored. **** Maxwell and his ******* equations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    N(0,0)?

The Sidney Sussex rep has replied to my email

ReputationRep:
    N(0,0)?

Are you doing all the courses this term or are you skipping something (Fluids?) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Not Queens's? :sad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Y__)
    Are you doing all the courses this term or are you skipping something (Fluids?) ?
    Skipping fluids. Not doing complex methods either, and I did spec rel in the third term last year.

Hooray. In a positive way?

(Original post by squeezebox)
    Which we haven't done yet :tongue: (I hope not, anyway :redface:)
    Normal distribution? :confused: :tongue:

(Degenerate normal distribution, actually. X ~ N(mu, 0) is the point mass distribution which gives P(X = mu) = 1, P(X = x) = 0 for x =/= mu. Hence the lols. :dry: But instead of making a joke (albeit a poor one), I ended up teaching you something. :tongue:)

ReputationRep:
    Gowers hasn't reached continuous random variables yet, let alone the normal distribution, or such degenerate cases as N(0,0)...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Gowers hasn't reached continuous random variables yet, let alone the normal distribution, or such degenerate cases as N(0,0)...
    Yeah, but it's, like, A-level. And it was a joke. :confused: Ah, never mind...

Mathmos, eh? :rolleyes: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    You didn't do any Statistics modules at all? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Not Queens's? :sad:
    Nope, your LBGT rep sucks and hasn't replied. I may organise something through *insert name here* if your rep still hasn't replied in a few days!

ReputationRep:
    Hooray. In a positive way?
    Yep . I've asked him to suggest a date and then we'll go from there. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, your LBGT rep sucks and hasn't replied. I may organise something through *insert name here* if your rep still hasn't replied in a few days!
    That's probably best... I asked him last night to ask the rep about it when he sees him, because they definitely know each other.

ReputationRep:
    *contended sigh* I've just done a few hours of seriously dense reading :work: I was pretty freezing in the main area, but now I'm rewarding myself with a TSR break, which means sitting in the awesome computer room with the remote controlled heater :teeth: I've notched it up to 31 degrees :king1:

And ukebert you suck. I can't be bothered to describe our formals again after I spent a page or two waxing lyrical about them on Monday before the Clare formal, which Gesar appears to have entirely forgotten :shifty:

If you have any specific questions I'll answer them. Aside from that, just - hall built in 1284, very pretty, candlelit, and food's variable but mostly good. Portions are better than Clare by a mile, but food isn't always the same quality.

ReputationRep:
    Bad wording on my part probably. By linguist I meant Supergrunch. Its a thread in about on smilies
    My thoughts. Total removal of smileys is just silly.

ReputationRep:
    *contended sigh* I've just done a few hours of seriously dense reading :work: I was pretty freezing in the main area, but now I'm rewarding myself with a TSR break, which means sitting in the awesome computer room with the remote controlled heater :teeth: I've notched it up to 31 degrees :king1:

And ukebert you suck. I can't be bothered to describe our formals again after I spent a page or two waxing lyrical about them on Monday before the Clare formal, which Gesar appears to have entirely forgotten :shifty:

If you have any specific questions I'll answer them. Aside from that, just - hall built in 1284, very pretty, candlelit, and food's variable but mostly good. Portions are better than Clare by a mile, but food isn't always the same quality.
    If you want something doing... :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.