Everybody seems to be ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Myself included

ReputationRep:
    I blame work :p:

ReputationRep:
    Freshers' flu part two (or is it three or four?!) over here too!

ReputationRep:
    To dinner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    omg i know exactly what you mean. i hate it when that happens. its so embarassing too. well at least i know im not the only one....

well ive done 200 words of my essay, just wish i could multiply that number by 10. then i'd be done!!!!! well it would help if i even had a mild interest in this topic...
    You're not the only one

I am reevaluating whether I can stand the rest of the course :o: I will really need to spend some quality time with my notes over Christmas. Especially structures, which I hate.

From the worst super in the universe to a pretty good one however It was in Maths though, which doesn't count. My feelings are warming towards this particular supervisor somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    I think I can get away without doing any work tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    right, off to get some printing credit so I can print my boat's EA licence number large enough to be seen from 15m away on both sides...
    I won't have this printing credit nonsense when you work 10 feet away from my room. Next time you need stuff printed, give me a buzz and I'll do it for you. :teeth: Silly billy.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I thought I was ill as I was feeling cold and spent half the day in bed, but it turns out the heating was broken. :mad:
    As a result I've done less than a tenth of the reading I need to do today. And I was on top of things before this as well.

ReputationRep:
    So it looks like the formal poll has died down. Seems we're looking at the weekend 29th/30th.

http://www.doodle.com/participation....9pf7wi2bwav7fy for those that haven't yet voted.

ReputationRep:
    ukebert: I saw you in hall today. I'm battling with alot of animosity towards your year. Basically apparently our year were something like 65 people, and yours is about 90 :>.<: Suffice to say, college weren't thinking about the size of our hall when they let that many students in. Hall is now an absolute pain to go to. Its too crowded to move almost anywhere. People are constantly bumping and shoving into you. The noise level is so high that you can't hold a conversation with the person next to you even by shouting. Last year was really nothing like this bad, ever. Its horrible Granted I'm tired and irritable today, but its still objectively a pain. I need to choose between going at 6 and getting the nicer foods before they're hoovered, or going at 20 to 7 when there's a small chance of an unstressful meal.
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Very glad to hear it Congratulations! It must be gratifying to find that your ideas are worth pursuing I hope that you enjoy it and get some sleep iin the process
    Thankyou
    Speaking of which :p: I had the worst supervision ever today. My supervision partner suddenly exhibited ann in-depth knowledge of structural mechanics, and I forgot how to take moments. And my supervisor is too bloody good by half. He's ayoung chap, so knows what it's like being in our position. This means that he knows when I'm just saying yes, of course, I understand, etc. in order to get the thing over with so that I can sleep go on TSR, and immediately says "So explain it to me then". MyGod what a nightmare.
    I've never had a bad supervision, because I've always done the reading beforehand. This Wednesday might be different though: I have to somehow read a Herculean amount between now and then, and it seems unlikely, simply based on page speed an hour :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    ukebert: I saw you in hall today. I'm battling with alot of animosity towards your year. Basically apparently our year were something like 65 people, and yours is about 90 :>.<: Suffice to say, college weren't thinking about the size of our hall when they let that many students in. Hall is now an absolute pain to go to. Its too crowded to move almost anywhere. People are constantly bumping and shoving into you. The noise level is so high that you can't hold a conversation with the person next to you even by shouting. Last year was really nothing like this bad, ever. Its horrible Granted I'm tired and irritable today, but its still objectively a pain. I need to choose between going at 6 and getting the nicer foods before they're hoovered, or going at 20 to 7 when there's a small chance of an unstressful meal.
    I saw you ahead of me in the queue, but then lost sight of you in the confusion. Annoyingly even at 1820 the tables were really crowded, there wasn't a free seat on a fresher's table, so I sat on my own. J joined me later though, which was nice. He is one of the Engineers that I class as "Does all the work, still finds it hard, still is confident". I think there is only one other "Tries to do all the work, fails, finds it very hard, isn't confident at all" Engineer, who is my lab partner :p:

Hall is stupidly busy I agree. Every time I go in it seems to be full of Freshers And as you know, talking in a crowded room is always difficult for me as I can't very well distinguish one word from another.

The answer is to turn up at 1750, that way you might just manage to eat and have a short conversation before noise levels rise up too much.

I've never had a bad supervision, because I've always done the reading beforehand. This Wednesday might be different though: I have to somehow read an herculean amount between now and then, and it seems unlikely, simply based on page speed an hour :dry:
    I admit that the supervision may have been better if I had done the examples papers :o: However one of the reasons that I haven't done the examples papers is that I can't do structures. Having said that the chap did manage to explain a few things to me in language that I could understand, so that is something I suppose. Hope your Wed supervision goes well

I am absolutely shattered, and have bridge in half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I admit that the supervision may have been better if I had done the examples papers :o: However one of the reasons that I haven't done the examples papers is that I can't do structures. Having said that the chap did manage to explain a few things to me in language that I could understand, so that is something I suppose. Hope your Wed supervision goes well
    Oh sorry - I wasn't meaning to imply that everyone who finds supervisions hard are underprepared. Your subject is very difficult, whereas my subject is really easy to read for, just not so easy to get work done in time for :rolleyes:

Library - laters :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Oh sorry - I wasn't meaning to imply that everyone who finds supervisions hard are underprepared. Your subject is very difficult, whereas my subject is really easy to read for, just not so easy to get work done in time for :rolleyes:

Library - laters :vroam:
    Nah, I knew you weren't implying that, don't worry :p:

And my subject isn't very difficult. It's as easy as pie... as long as you can do it :p:

:wavey: Won't be in the library tonight, week day :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've finished all my work for the night :woo: Now laundry and washing up :shifty: Life is just too exciting sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    And to think I was almost contemplating not going to Bridge :p:

Had a fantastic time, has really ccheered me up. made some terrible bids that nonetheless did come off, and played one beautiful game in spades. Lost a heart and two diamonds, giving me opposing voids, drew 2 rounds of spades, cross ruffed the other 5, cashed two aces and a king. Couldn't have done it better. Did a nice 3NT as well, which was encouraging. My play is improving, even if my bidding is getting steadily more confused :p: I know around 4 conventions now, and can't play in any of them :p:

ReputationRep:
    I should probably get around to reading my physics lecture notes.

ReputationRep:
    And to think I was almost contemplating not going to Bridge :p:

Had a fantastic time, has really ccheered me up.
    made some terrible bids that nonetheless did come off, and played one beautiful game in spades. Lost a heart and two diamonds, giving me opposing voids, drew 2 rounds of spades, cross ruffed the other 5, cashed two aces and a king. Couldn't have done it better. Did a nice 3NT as well, which was encouraging. My play is improving, even if my bidding is getting steadily more confused :p: I know around 4 conventions now, and can't play in any of them :p:
    After bold I had no idea what was going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    :ditto:

Just nod and smile, nod and smile and run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Do you want me to explain it? :ninja:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.