Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How can I politely phrase "while I know you're going to say no, I've got nothing to lose by asking"?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    How can I politely phrase "while I know you're going to say no, I've got nothing to lose by asking"?
    Don't. Just ask. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Don't. Just ask. :tongue:
    Yeah, but I can hardly pretend I haven't seen the bold "rowing is not an excuse" in the practical class manual.

ReputationRep:
    I realize I have been constantly moaning about my work on here for the last week, but as this is the purpose of this thread, I will just continue :tongue: :

- Vector Calculus due in Wednesday. Still haven't covered relevant material for last 4 questions. Haven't started.
    - Probability due in Thursday. Done 14.5/16 questions on that one, not too bad.
    - Dynamics due in Friday. Haven't started. Panicking because I'm not good at it.
    - Set Theory due in Monday. Haven't started. Need to revise everything on the weekend because I didn't really understand a whole lot of the details concerning all that AC/Zorn stuff.

:woo:

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah, but I can hardly pretend I haven't seen the bold "rowing is not an excuse" in the practical class manual.
    Oh. Well... I see little point in emailing, then, if it makes it clear that rowing won't get you off.

(Original post by Y__)
    I realize I have been constantly moaning about my work on here for the last week, but as this is the purpose of this thread, I will just continue :tongue: :

- Vector Calculus due in Wednesday. Still haven't covered relevant material for last 4 questions. Haven't started.
    - Dynamics due in Friday. Haven't started. Panicking because I'm not good at it.
    - Set Theory due in Monday. Haven't started. Need to revise everything on the weekend because I didn't really understand a whole lot of the details concerning all that AC/Zorn stuff.

I revised Met&Top.

ReputationRep:
    How 'bout it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

Feel better? :damnmate: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    My Vect calc 2 was in for this morning, so count yourself lucky!

I'm reluctantly doing probability 2 at the moment. I don't care if the probability of winning a tennis match is independant of the serving convention used :rolleyes:

Did you see your DOS in the end?
    I'm going to see my tutor on Wednesday. Thought his office hours were on Monday, but it seems they have changed.
    Things like VC2 due in today are mad. There's no real point in having supervisions for a partial sheet. Well, at least I think so.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how much it costs to dry clean a coat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Can you find someone who isn't a rower to swap practical groups with you?
    They don't like that. The different practical groups have different heads of class and it will upset them. But at least now they change demonstrators. In my day, we had the same demonstrator all the time. And mine was rubbish (in the first term).

Oh and also, Benjamin Button is really long and not as good as Slumdog Millionaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I'd wager £12 to £16. I send it with the college dry cleaning. I think its a bit cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    They don't like that. The different practical groups have different heads of class and it will upset them. But at least now they change demonstrators. In my day, we had the same demonstrator all the time. And mine was rubbish (in the first term).

Oh and also, Benjamin Button is really long and not as good as Slumdog Millionaire.
    Newsnight Review slaughtered it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

- Vector Calculus due in Wednesday. Still haven't covered relevant material for last 4 questions. Haven't started
    Actually, Hinch gave the statements of the Stokes and divergence theorems today... not sure if he'll do any examples anything like what are on the sheet. Those were just weird, by any standard. Basically, just do it componentwise, where necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    The one near Emma charged me £12, which is a bloody rip off, seeing as I pay £6 for dry cleaning at home. IN LONDON! :mad: London is supposed to be more expensive than Cambridge, dammit!

In more angry news, I've only done an hour and a half of productive work today. Luckily, I only have two essays on the go at the moment (due for Sunday), so I can get away with doing little today, but by Friday I'll have four essays on the go again :mad: :sad:

q
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    ///
    Why does Ulrich Beck have nothing of any relevance to say? :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    Newsnight Review slaughtered it
    I half-watched that. I don't think it's as bad as they said but since most reviews I've read/seen has been along the lines of "well, it's okay" I wasn't really expecting much (not what you'd think to expect from a Best Picture). And that's pretty much what my review would be too.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys, mine got soaked in the rain and smells funny now. johnson's lost my trousers a while back but i have no choice but to go back to them really. At least they compensate swiftly, heh.

anyway, I can't deal with the fact i have 2 essays due in on weds; I've asked to postpone one of the supervisions coz it's simply not possible. it's my final year and i'm not bs-ing essays just so i can go to a supo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    I half-watched that. I don't think it's as bad as they said but since most reviews I've read/seen has been along the lines of "well, it's okay" I wasn't really expecting much (not what you'd think to expect from a Best Picture). And that's pretty much what my review would be too.
    Yeah; they seemed to think everyone else had given it a massively good review though lol

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrrgh Eviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Arrrrrgh Eviews
    Quoi?

ReputationRep:
    It's a data processing package economists use and it's being decidedly unhelpful with my dissertation

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.