Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If anyone from Caius happens to read this in the next quarter of an hour, what would you expect visitors to wear at one of your formals? What I've been told sounds a bit informal. It's not even an option I can take (unless cufflinks go well with jeans): I can only go a significant amount either way).

ReputationRep:
    If anyone from Caius happens to read this in the next quarter of an hour, what would you expect visitors to wear at one of your formals? What I've been told sounds a bit informal (and it's not even an option I can take -- I can only go a significant amount either way).
    Whatever you like, our formals are really not formal at all. What did you get told to wear/what were you thinking of wearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    What did you get told to wear/what were you thinking of wearing?
    "Jeans and a shirt or something." My only shirt is fancy enough to require cufflinks. I do have a polo top though, but as your website says that gowns are worn, this sounds too casual.

Edit: Thanks to you both for your replies. It sounds as if I'll get away with a polo shirt then.

ReputationRep:
    "Jeans and a shirt or something." My only shirt is fancy enough to require cufflinks. I do have a polo top though, but as your website says that gowns are worn, this sounds too casual.
    Hmm, jeans and a nice-ish top would be absolutely fine. Is there some kind of mathmo gathering at Caius formal tonight then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    What.. you guys mean this is exactly mid Lent?
    Crap!!! *envisions the essays lining up to pounce*

It was quite weird to see you talking to ZsiZsi on facebook... mainly because TSR and Peterhouse belong to very different components in my brain!
    Is ZsiZsi on TSR? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

*sigh*

I had a "power nap" this afternoon because I was shattered. Unfortunately I was careless in setting the time... I've just woken up. Bugger. All I need.

I think it fairly unlikely that I will get any sleep at all tonight. Apart from anything I've just about missed hall and have no food. My internet is playing up as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    Is there some kind of mathmo gathering at Caius formal tonight then?
    We're doing a swap. *Thankfully avoids group/integration/something-else-maths-related joke*

ReputationRep:
    Argh, my Sociology essay that I've done absolutely no work for is due in on Friday, not Sunday as I originally thought!!!

*goes to do frantic reading before wine and cheese*

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely KNACKERED. I am never going out as much as I have done recently nor am i leaving work so late, (though I do think I've written a darn good essay, no doubt my supervisor will hate it).

Nearly done :work:

ReputationRep:
    It's my birthday next wednesday- does anyone fancy going out for dinner with me? Another friend is having her birthday on the Friday and our mutual friends won't want to go out twice in one week so I'm going to be birthdaying alone, or even worse, in Caius hall!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I am absolutely KNACKERED. I am never going out as much as I have done recently nor am i leaving work so late, (though I do think I've written a darn good essay, no doubt my supervisor will hate it).

Nearly done :work:
    You've probably said already, but how was blind date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    You've probably said already, but how was blind date?
    fine! Date was cute but really...grumpy (even more than me...wow!) and very much a stereotypical economist :tongue:. I don't particularly want to see him again or anything but I'm glad I didn't get stood up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    It's my birthday next wednesday- does anyone fancy going out for dinner with me? Another friend is having her birthday on the Friday and our mutual friends won't want to go out twice in one week so I'm going to be birthdaying alone, or even worse, in Caius hall!
    It's my sister's birthday next Wednesday! :eek:

Another TSR thingymabob will work wonders for the ****** day I've had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    fine! Date was cute but really...grumpy (even more than me...wow!) and very much a stereotypical economist :tongue:. I don't particularly want to see him again or anything but I'm glad I didn't get stood up
    Haha, well that's something then! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I wanna come!!

I think you need a little party in minimo's room after as well :jiggy:

*gets hostess planning hat on*

ReputationRep:
    minimo - the SPS Deloitte cheese and wine thing is at Peterhouse it turns out. Just noticed the sign.

ReputationRep:
    We could make it yet another meet
    Will craggy come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    lol same for me when I saw you comment on her status once, she seems to know everyone in Peterhouse!
    Only to the extent that all Petreans know everyone at Peterhouse. Also when the freshers get here they rush like mad to add all the second years they can find. I decline requests from everyone unless I've at least spoken to them before. I had spoken to her on the facebook group, so she made it through :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    minimo - the SPS Deloitte cheese and wine thing is at Peterhouse it turns out. Just noticed the sign.
    I'm still essaying so it's a no

but thanks forinforming me anyhoo :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome minimo
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Is ZsiZsi on TSR? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
    No, you just neglected to read my post fully :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    We could make it yet another meet
    Will craggy come?
    Unlikely. Same as last term, three quarters of my work is taking place after Week 5, thanks to my wonderfully coordinated department. You may recall I couldn't make anything social towards the end of last term either. I have another assessed essay due on the last day of term worth 25% of a paper and I'm just starting it now.

Will let you know if things change.
    I would have a word with your parents - Week 5 is very bad timing for a birthay. Mine were very considerate and thus my birthday coincided with the start of term, and nobody had anywork and could come.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.