Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yay, have cooked without burning down college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    At least you survived. No doubt there will be some photographic evidence to remind you. :yes:
    Yes lots of it, and video evidence to, oh man oh man, embarrassing times!

(Original post by brimstone)
    Were you in Revs last night?
    Yes I was (well I remember bits of it), I saw you as I was leaving actually, I was going to come and say hi but I didn't and I don't really remember why :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    does anyone have KTs number? i really need it and she accidently typed it wrong for me and now the text wont send so ive made up a few numbers (by changing it slightly) but dont know if any of them are actually hers, so if someone could PM me her actual number that'd be great
    Argh, really? Sorry about that! I txted you back, so you've definitely got it now for future reference :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic. My one black polo shirt is apparently still sopping wet from the lack of decent drying facilities in college. I need to wear it whilst walking to the kit site and during the ceilidh. I think that even I might get cold in those conditions...

ReputationRep:
    This is really most unpleasant. It smells of washing powder as well. The hairdryer drick just made it warm and wet as opposed to cold and wet.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Go and find a girl and borrow her hair dryer - it works wonders.

edit: great timing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    This was one of my aims too! I haven't managed it yet but was in yesterday's TCS so I guess that will have to do!

I'm sending my diss supervisor a draft a week today. Oh dear.

I've been in it by proxy, pretty much every time my college gets mentioned in Cambridge Spies it involves the drinking society I'm in. Like this week's, for example. But no personal mention so far (and not much prospect of one, really).

ReputationRep:
    TSR is pink again :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh yeah, I hadn't even noticed it hadchanged back to purple!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    TSR is pink again :woo:
    Grey! :dancing:
    (Original post by ukey)
    Heh, not that committee. They haven't answered my email yet, which, whilst being annoying at least means that they aren't making annoying demands.
    Yeh I twigged a moment after I posted.
    I bumped into the person in charge of tickets for our committee in the library :teeth: A certain facial expression and an unimpressed tone of voice got the email reply in under an hour :king1:
    One worry less!

Back to Global Finance :stickyman:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Grey! :dancing:
    :jive: I think there's a chance I'm a little over excited about this :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    :jive: I think there's a chance I'm a little over excited about this :rolleyes:
    THEY GOT IT WORKING ON OPERA! I am now also a little over exicted about this.

ReputationRep:
    i have a ticket for the matinee performance of iolanthe tomorrow, I'm WELL excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    i have a ticket for the matinee performance of iolanthe tomorrow, I'm WELL excited
    One of my rugby coaches is in it

and some of the pics from the initiations have made it onto facebook all ready :redface:

ReputationRep:
    If a word limit for an essay is "circa. 2000 words" do you reckon 2500 is pushing it? I am rubbish at being concise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    If a word limit for an essay is "circa. 2000 words" do you reckon 2500 is pushing it? I am rubbish at being concise.
    Cutting it to 2499 would be safe..
    I have the opposite problem.. I struggle to get past 800..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jcb914)
    I'd say so. 200 either way, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    This was one of my aims too! I haven't managed it yet but was in yesterday's TCS so I guess that will have to do!
    I've had an article in Varsity and a letter in TCS, but don't think I've actually been featured in either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Yay. Another question: will it come out hot? (yeah, I realise that's probably a stupid question, but we haven't had one at home for about 10 years)
    Not unless you put something microwaveable in it. Microwaves are about the right frequency to increase the rotational energy of molecules, and technically should be set at a frequency that only increases the rotational energy of water molecules, thus heating anything containing water. Experiments I've done with cups of oil, however, suggest that in practice the frequency is broader than this, as these get hot too. But there's nothing that's going to heat plastic, apart from conduction from whatever happens to be inside the bowl.
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Not really. The book has more to say about Ainu than it has to say about Ryukyuan languages. I suspect one would have to learn Japanese to be able to get access to any good literature on that subject...
    Hmm, hopefully one day my Japanese will be good enough to read academic papers. Must take a lot of kanji...
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I'd really love to learn Finnish. The bit of Turkish I know hasn't scared me off agglutinative languages, they're fun.
    They are. Japanese is odd, it has agglutinative verbs (and some adjectives, although they're actually just verbs really as they change in tense and everything), then everything else could be argued to be isolating, although particles are usually said to bear case, so it's not entirely clear whether or not you treat them as inflections. Basically, turn of the century morphological categorisation only gets you so far.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw Sophrosyne! :awesome: Highly recommend it. Also it had a hidden reference to my college husband which was quite amusing.
    Downing some caffeine and large amounts of nougat, before heading back to the library...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.