Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nice photos smilepea, but why were you the only bare legged girl? It was snowing :bird:

Nutrients imbibed. Laters all [to a seemingly empty thread] :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    I'm here, a-lurking... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I'm here, a-lurking... :ninja:
    So am I. Only just started the next sheet :rolleyes: ... but reading up on solid state drives as well, and other random geeky stuff :ninja: .

ReputationRep:
    I'm rambling about Tolstoy to my heart's content... & then a whole lot more, as I doubt my supervisor would be impressed with a 350 word essay :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm here, procrastinating as ever. I have essays on syntax, syntax, and phonology.

ReputationRep:
    Still going strong *yeah*

If I get onto my conclusion tonight - cupasoup awaits

(I know I'm supposed to have midnight biscuit cravings, but anyone who's been out to dinner with me knows that I have somewhat unusual food preferences...)

ReputationRep:
    Argh! Kicked out of the library just in the last pages of a trying chapter. So annoying! I was rolling...
    That and one more chapter of something horrid in another tome before bed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm consoling myself with a hot cup of rooibos, some spicy fruit biscuits, a change into comfy pyjamas and warm slippers and a quick blitz of the messy room.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get slippers.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get more shirts. And another tie or two.

Meh.

ReputationRep:
    I need a new tie. I'm not going on a proper swap in funeral attire. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I need to get rid of dynamics, that's all I need right now. Can I just not do it, please?

ReputationRep:
    Happy Valentines Day everyone.. and to all who are irritated/annoyed by it, I totally empathise.
    (Original post by Y__)
    I need to get rid of dynamicsGlobal Finance, that's all I need right now. Can I just not do it, please?
    :ditto: Can we all revert to the domestic mode of production? :puppyeyes:

In slightly better news, Schubert's Death and the Maiden is absolutely brilliant! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Sierpinski would approve.

And Squeezebox, where do you sit in lectures?

ReputationRep:
    Любовное послание в день святого Валентина! *

* In Russia, Valentine's Day loves you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    It varies, but on dynamics and probability days I sit around the middle of the middle bit, usually very near smilepea. Where do you usually sit?
    The left section as you look at the board of the big middle section, right at the back. Usually third person from the projector. I will be sitting there more regularly now, as I've decided to completely ditch the Queens' mathmos and not even wait for them in the morning. (I no longer sit with them, and they take so long in the mornings I've lost my seat next to my Girton friends twice this week).

Probably asked this already, but college? :o:

(Why oh why does : o : not show up? )

ReputationRep:
    I don't go with the Catz (my college ) mathmos either, I sit with lovely caius, peterhouse, christ's and john's people.

It's : redface : now. :mad: - this should be red face :redface:
    I met some Catz mathmos briefly!! They seemed very nice, if a little chatty. They were the ones who pointed out Siklos' ridiculous diagram :tongue:

I've yet to meet any Peterhouse, christ's or John's mathmos :sad:

ReputationRep:
    They are very nice (I didn't mean it to sound otherwise in my previous post) :redface:
    Ooo, I didn't realised they pointed that out :redface:
    Ah, well, you see I don't sit with the Queens' mathmos because although they are decent people, they just have no spark and I find the girtonian triple to be much more fun. Saying that, there is sadly one mathmo in the Queens' group that I actually dislike

You should meet us then!
    Haha, just walk into the lecture hall and yell 'Squeeeeezebox!' :tongue: I don't want to be perceived as the kind of person I'd see myself as if I did that. So, I will not actually do that :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    They are. Japanese is odd, it has agglutinative verbs (and some adjectives, although they're actually just verbs really as they change in tense and everything), then everything else could be argued to be isolating, although particles are usually said to bear case, so it's not entirely clear whether or not you treat them as inflections. Basically, turn of the century morphological categorisation only gets you so far.
    Oxymoronically, though, the native terms for the verb-like adjectives and the noun-like adjectives are reversed: the latter are known as keiyōdōshi, which may be translated as "adjectivial verb". I am inclined to treat the "real" adjectives (known as keiyōshi) as verbs as well - for instance, the syntax for modifying an NP with a relative clause or an adjective is essentially the same.

ReputationRep:
    happy Valentine's day all you sexy camchatters :hubba: :love:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.