Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    WOO! Another attempt at an all-nighter coming up

I think working throughout Saturday night and into Sunday morning is actually incredibly productive. I think it'll become a permanent thing.
    What are you doing? I've handed in Dyn 2 today, having done only 5/9 questions. (My other sheets went quite well so far, though, so I guess that's okay.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    oh the mods took my avvy off coz it went against forum rules :tongue:

I NEVER buy them; in fact my snacks are usually fruit/veg/rice cakes but i thought I'd have a change. Ye gods.
    Then you don't need to worry about it because it was a one-off, rather than an ongoing source of input. The 24 jaffa cakes would have all been eaten and gone to the same place. Just keep it to a twice a year thing.

I made a pseudo Eton-Mess for Valentines. Instead of cream I used greek yoghurt. I dislike whipped cream/large amounts of cream anyway, so it was fairly easy. The result was nice but quite different to Eton-Mess. I stuffed loads of crushed meringue and strawberry in, so the balance was quite good.

ReputationRep:
    sounds yum, I love greek yogurt!

I think a veggie + chicken detox for a few days will undo the damage plus some exercise. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Today I've eaten: a footlong BBQ Rib subway with tomatoes, olives and onions, a sugared doughnut, profiteroles with far too much chocolate sauce, a bag of ready salted crisps, a Freddo Frog and a coca cola flavoured chupa chup. If anyone needs to worry about their diet on here...

On the other hand, I'm about to make some porridge But will wash it down with the remainder of my bottle of Sprite, so that probably negates the goodness of it. Damnit.

Damn my essay. Damn it to the depths of hell. It doesn't help that my book is a French edition, so although the Spanish is the same, the notes are all in French On the other hand, it was printed in 1910, so I'm reading a copy that's 100 years old which makes up for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    What are you doing? I've handed in Dyn 2 today, having done only 5/9 questions. (My other sheets went quite well so far, though, so I guess that's okay.)
    VC 2. It seems to be fairly easy, if unbelievably dull. I just feel like getting it out of the way so I can have a leisurely 6 days to fail at Dynamics 2. I've honestly admitted defeat on Dynamics now, and I've a feeling I'll be getting much less than 5 questions done :tongue: It might just be me, but I feel as if we've learnt -nothing- from Dr S, and whatever I'll ever attempt during exams will be purely on mechanics at A level knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was a scientist and it was 'ok' to not finish all the problems, but just to attempt them :dry: No such thing as an unfinished essay :sigh:

As it transpires, reading under the influence of strong painkillers is incredibly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    wellll I've been on-the-spot-jogging to cascada since i last posted in an attempt to get rid of at least a few of those jaffa cakes before bed.

Lolz :tongue: :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    VC 2. It seems to be fairly easy, if unbelievably dull. I just feel like getting it out of the way so I can have a leisurely 6 days to fail at Dynamics 2. I've honestly admitted defeat on Dynamics now, and I've a feeling I'll be getting much less than 5 questions done :tongue: It might just be me, but I feel as if we've learnt -nothing- from Dr S, and whatever I'll ever attempt during exams will be purely on mechanics at A level knowledge.
    True, neither Prof H nor Dr S have really taught us anything (whereas Prof G and Prof T are pretty amazing if you ask me, they always stop at difficult parts, explain why you would expect a certain result to be true, explain the historical thought process or their own thought process when trying to understand it etc...).
    I do like some of the stuff that we've been presented in Dynamics (and I think as a presentation of physics topics, the lecture is actually good. As a lecture, it isn't), it's just that I'm usually rubbish at it and cba to start early.

ReputationRep:
    Re: having too many deadlines &c - I know what you guys mean. I was in just the same position for biology last year, despite the fact I love much of the subject. And I still procrastinate for linguistics, though thankfully I like the subject too much to ever consider stopping. My parents were moaning at me when I told them I only had time to see them for a couple of hours tomorrow/today/whatever (they only live an hour away and will be spending the day in Cambridge anyway), but it's really the truth. My mum's idea of an ideal work/life balance seems to be never missing any social occasion, which just isn't possible here unless you have the organisation of a psychotic bureaucrat. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Re: having too many deadlines &c - I know what you guys mean. I was in just the same position for biology last year, despite the fact I love much of the subject. And I still procrastinate for linguistics, though thankfully I like the subject too much to ever consider stopping. My parents were moaning at me when I told them I only had time to see them for a couple of hours tomorrow/today/whatever (they only live an hour away and will be spending the day in Cambridge anyway), but it's really the truth. My mum's idea of an ideal work/life balance seems to be never missing any social occasion, which just isn't possible here unless you have the organisation of a psychotic bureaucrat. :tongue:
    Argh I know!
    My parents live in another country, and my Dad can't really choose when he's in the country for work and when he isn't, which means major stress trying to accommodate him and work simultaneously when he's around. But to everybody else: communication only happens outside of term. End of.
    Over Christmas I majorly fell out with two old friends who did their degrees at Durham and Sheffield. They both think that I create all the work and busyness myself and that I'm moaning about nothing and haven't got my priorities straight :mad: C'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    Combination of head and painkillers are making this impossible. Going to wake up at 8 and try and finish the reading and the essay by 7. Hope the supervisor won't be too put off by slightly under 24hours with which to read it.

:goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    Ach, I've gone all maudlin again. I shouldn't be left alone.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Gesar)
    What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    What's up?
    Nowt much, just a general feeling of 'Woe is me' :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Nowt much, just a general feeling of 'Woe is me' :tongue:
    I've had that a lot recently However, today has been a happy day and I refuse to let being alone at the moment spoil my mood. And anyway, my boyfriend's coming back from the library now so I'm And I'm eating apple and blueberry porridge and I've done my essay plan and a translation and am really looking forward to one of the pieces of work that I'm doing tomorrow, so there are many silver linings at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I've had that a lot recently However, today has been a happy day and I refuse to let being alone at the moment spoil my mood. And anyway, my boyfriend's coming back from the library now so I'm And I'm eating apple and blueberry porridge and I've done my essay plan and a translation and am really looking forward to one of the pieces of work that I'm doing tomorrow, so there are many silver linings at the moment.
    Wooo!

I've still yet to meet any emmanuelite mathmos, actually. And screw the spelling of emmanuelite, I'm woeful and tired :tongue:

EDIT: Scratch the 'tired' bit out. I have just suddenly become incredibly awake. Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    many :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    many :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I thought the CMS was supposed to be open 24 hours?!

That journey was a waste of an hour if ever there was one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Then you don't need to worry about it because it was a one-off, rather than an ongoing source of input. The 24 jaffa cakes would have all been eaten and gone to the same place. Just keep it to a twice a year thing.

I made a pseudo Eton-Mess for Valentines. Instead of cream I used greek yoghurt. I dislike whipped cream/large amounts of cream anyway, so it was fairly easy. The result was nice but quite different to Eton-Mess. I stuffed loads of crushed meringue and strawberry in, so the balance was quite good.
    Eton mess made out of greek yoghurt sounds amazing tbf.

I overslept again. Only by two hours this time, which is something.

Does anyone else find that their most profound insights come when they are lying in bed just before going to sleep?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.