The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9580
Well done ukebert!

Erk! Forgot about my supervision. Today is manic :eek: I'm home to print out lecture notes and drink caffeine before going to the library to read some books that are overnight loan only because my entire class are being supervised for the same essay on the same day :dry: - and then a church second year tea thing and then a supervision and then gym and then dinner (if I'm lucky) and then the Forum discussion on political activism tonight..and then all the rest of my reading... :afraid: :stickeyman:
Reply 9581
This term is going too fast.
Reply 9582
I am sick of reading "Would you kill someone for a billion pounds if you knew that you would not be caught?" threads.
Far too fast.

*must resist urge to sleep* *must instead do profoundly uninteresting structures work*
Reply 9584
ukebert
I've heard other people say the same thing. Solution: don't go to a club in Cam :wink:

yer that has it's advantages ... but it's nice to go out when you know tons of people out as well :smile:

Gesar

Very very true. Though I don't enjoy clubbing sober, don't enjoy being drunk (because I do stupid bloody stuff like lend money to people I barely know), don't enjoy getting drunk and don't like sobering up in my lectures the next day :rolleyes: So there's really not much going for it.

You just have to try and make sure that you don't get a hangover, which I've found is best achieved if you stop drinking before midnight and then drink tons of water before you go to bed :yep:
My first essay crisis of the term is over - I've just handed it in, albeit 1.5 hours late and being the worst essay I've written all year. I don't know why I managed to leave it so late (well, except for not doing any work whatsoever on Sunday, but that's because I had family over, nor on Saturday, but that's because I was exhausted from Churchill ball on Friday and went to the ADC in the evening.... Death of a Salesman was really good, btw!). All I want to do is sleep/curl up and die now, but I still have a mountain of work that is in for tomorrow/Wednesday. For the past term I've never managed to finish anything until the day before/the day it is due in. What has happened to me!?
Reply 9586
Would anyone here happen to know where "Lecture Room 1" is within the Faculty of Music?
Reply 9587
Questions due in in an hour: 6
Of which I have done: 2

Success beckons...
Gesar
I'll have you know, the only thing our rep is guilty of is thinking the Peterhouse one was competent :tongue: Which I'm sure he is. He might be a first year and didn't know about halfway .

Noo, your rep is rubbish. Despite returning from various family crises, he still hasn't replied to my message. I wanna swap with Queens' :frown:

Also, how have I managed to end up with four essays due in next Tuesday?! None of which I have done any reading for yet. And I'm going out loads this week.
AAAAARGH. :woo:
Reply 9589
I'm worried. I have no work due in this week - they're planning something
Reply 9590
today I discovered the utter amazingness of runciman in lectures. I'm actually really upset that I didn't take his paper. :frown: :frown:
Apagg
I'm worried. I have no work due in this week - they're planning something

Care to do one of my four essays? :flutter:
minimo
today I discovered the utter amazingness of runciman in lectures. I'm actually really upset that I didn't take his paper. :frown: :frown:

David Runciman is a legend. Best lecturer I've had so far.
Reply 9593
brimstone
David Runciman is a legend. Best lecturer I've had so far.

One of the girls at college chose him as a dissertation supervisor. I'm so jealous. I never knew what he was like. I have 3 more lectures with him, it's not enough!!!!

wjljfjflmflamf;lfmas;fmsalfaslfmaslfmslfmasf au'rfarjfsdfjslfmasfl
Reply 9594
brimstone
Care to do one of my four essays? :flutter:

I still have a dissertation to write :tongue: It's just unlike them to let me have any time to do it in
Scipio90
Questions due in in an hour: 6
Of which I have done: 2

Success beckons...

Examples papers due in an hour: 2

Number of questions I still have left: 9

:frown:

Doesn't help that I keep falling to sleep over my work.
Reply 9596
brimstone
Noo, your rep is rubbish. Despite returning from various family crises, he still hasn't replied to my message. I wanna swap with Queens' :frown:

Ok, he's a little negligent :tongue:

How many people does Selwyn usually manage to gather together for these, out of interest?
Reply 9597
Hmm, it seems that a) four fire extinguishers have been set off in two weeks in college, and b) someone left a steamy pile of fresh **** (no jokes) on a staircase.

What the **** has happened to college? We seem to be letting all sorts of ******* morons in these days.

Pardon my French.

In other news, I was met with a room full of pig trotters which we got to cut up and suture just after lunch. Delightful.
Reply 9598
This may be a silly question, but in what way does sewing up pig trotters prepare you for human medecine? I mean, which part of the human body does a pig trotter resemble...? :s-smilie:
Reply 9599
Tom
This may be a silly question, but in what way does sewing up pig trotters prepare you for human medecine? I mean, which part of the human body does a pig trotter resemble...? :s-smilie:

This was just a practical suturing exercise. The trotters are apparently quite a realistic human model, which is really useful when suturing. The fake foamy models don't quite do justice to the skin and the layers underneath. Skin is actually pretty damned tough (tough enough to bend needles etc.) The trotters also have all the relevant layers of anatomy underneath we need to look out for when suturing up limb wounds in A&E for example.

Latest

Trending

Trending