Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    good luck Crags. I'm so tired I might collapse

My essay is due in at 10am. that's patently not going to happen as I'm too tired and need sleep.
    Erk! Good luck with that.
    My essay from yesterday turned out to be all wrong. I misinterpreted the question.. but fortunately the supervisor didn't mind to much and we had a really interesting and useful discussion about power globally.
    (Original post by minimo)
    God, I wish I was brave enough to engage in such discussions, good on you Craggy!!!
    Lol thanks. It does mean one looks a bit of an idiot sometimes, but oh well. Twas fun.

ReputationRep:
    I did all but the last question of an examples paper, despite having around 3.5 hours sleep last night

Now, unless my DoS decides to give me a maths supervision tomorrow I might get away with it...

ReputationRep:
    Grr, I've read for five and a half hours this evening, but still am unclear about what's going on in this essay. Feeling less stressed though

ReputationRep:
    Woo! :five:

Now.. to sleep or to read. This is the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Ok, he's a little negligent :tongue:

How many people does Selwyn usually manage to gather together for these, out of interest?
    Don't worry, I'm gonna organise one through He Who Must Not Be Named.

We can usually get 6-8; Queens'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Woo! :five:

Now.. to sleep or to read. This is the question.
    If only you could read in your sleep... the kind of dilemmas wouldn't exist then :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    He Who Must Not Be Named? :confused:

Wow. I miss mindless fiction.
    Damn Week 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    If only you could read in your sleep... the kind of dilemmas wouldn't exist then :tongue:
    Yes... or use your laptop for a cushion.
    In revision my friends had a grand scheme to camp on top of the Ward Library overnight so as to absorb the knowledge (this is after some crackpot theory by a psychologist who apparently found evidence that divining the contents of a closed book by sleeping on it was possible :bird:)

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm gonna organise one through He Who Must Not Be Named.

We can usually get 6-8; Queens'?
    Haven't been to one yet. Turn-out for officially sanctioned pre-drinks on Tuesdays is about 5, 6 if you include me. I think 7 people went to the Magdalene swap, and that wasn't including me.

:eek: An unofficial swap? The powers that be shall not be pleased :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Choice, unopened carton of orange juice that has been sitting in my sweltering hot room for 3 weeks or opened carton that has been sitting in the fridge for 2 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Haven't been to one yet. Turn-out for officially sanctioned pre-drinks on Tuesdays is about 5, 6 if you include me. I think 7 people went to the Magdalene swap, and that wasn't including me.

:eek: An unofficial swap? The powers that be shall not be pleased :tongue:
    Officially sanctioned pre-drinks :confused: What's that? :tongue:

Shush, I am the Selwyn power-that-is. :tongue: And if your rep is so rubbish that he can't reply to emails/messages, then I will defo go over his head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Choice, unopened carton of orange juice that has been sitting in my sweltering hot room for 3 weeks or opened carton that has been sitting in the fridge for 2 weeks...
    Mix them, add some milk and tea leaves from a tea-bag and see what you get.

ReputationRep:
    Officially sanctioned pre-drinks :confused: What's that? :tongue:

Shush, I am the Selwyn power-that-is. :tongue: And if your rep is so rubbish that he can't reply to emails/messages, then I will defo go over his head
    It's pre-drinks to Rendezvous that are official. Emails go out saying 'Head to R1a for pre-drinks tonight', and it's not for Life anymore, either :tongue: Hence the 'official' part. They can't be seen to support BigFish and Paul effing Whitbread :no:

It's perfectly possible I gave you the wrong email address, ya know. I don't think I did. But it's perfectly possible.

ReputationRep:
    The latter, definitely the latter.

ReputationRep:
    fridge, clearly! The warmth of your room will have caused fermentation by now. It'll be alcoholic!

ReputationRep:
    Did you purchase the orange juice from a shelf or in a fridge. I'd go for the unopened personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It's pre-drinks to Rendezvous that are official. Emails go out saying 'Head to R1a for pre-drinks tonight', and it's not for Life anymore, either :tongue: Hence the 'official' part. They can't be seen to support BigFish and Paul effing Whitbread :no:

It's perfectly possible I gave you the wrong email address, ya know. I don't think I did. But it's perfectly possible.
    Ooh, are you lot all going Rendezvous tomorrow? I'm on a swap, so I'll go to Cindies for an hour then to Revs afterwards. Should be good

Nah, I Facebooked him too, so :\

ReputationRep:
    As long as its still within its use-by-date, I'd go for the unopened one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Did you purchase the orange juice from a shelf or in a fridge. I'd go for the unopened personally.
    It wasn't fresh, no. Off the shelf. I'm pretty sure that the excessive heat (which appears to have deformed my clarinet, hope it'll recover) might have damaged it though

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, are you lot all going Rendezvous tomorrow? I'm on a swap, so I'll go to Cindies for an hour then to Revs afterwards. Should be good

Nah, I Facebooked him too, so :\
    I assume people will be going to Rendezvous; I won't be though.

Ah. Ok

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.