Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Wow, that's good. What's it for?
    Thanks. Halfway Hall this evening. Its to match the plum dress and cream shawl.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's good. What's it for?
    Thanks. Halfway Hall this evening. Its to match the plum dress and cream shawl.
    (Original post by HT Mailing list)
    Next Tuesday (24th Feb), before the first risky living since equipped for life, we shall be having a pancake party! Come along to the church at 6.30pm to eat pancakes with all sorts of toppings, and then enjoy the evening as we take the pancakes outside, to race (yes race!) around Market Street in a pancake flipping race!
    :rofl: Awesome :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Craggy, that's gorgeous! Did you use a template, or make it totally from scratch?
    From scratch. Used my glasses to work out proportions. The eyeholes are a tad too small, so it looks a bit odd when on, but I can see so that's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcU4t...eature=related
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Are masks specified in your halfway hall dress code, or did you just make it as an original accessory?

ReputationRep:
    Are masks specified in your halfway hall dress code, or did you just make it as an original accessory?
    First Year Hall, Halfway Hall and Third Year Hall all request that you bring a 'prop' of some sort along for the photos at the beginning. You have one formal photo and one fun/casual one. I assumed this would be the case, and thought a mask would go quite well with the outfit I was planning, so went and bought the materials. Meanwhile they sent an email round to say that they wanted people to do something fancy dress-ish for props, and suggested things like masks... so turned out quite well although I'm annoyed I won't be original anymore. For first year hall last year I brought my bright yellow duck shaped laundry basket that quacks as a prop. Someone else brought a skeleton.
    So yeh...

ReputationRep:
    A real skeleton?

ReputationRep:
    A real skeleton?
    No, one of those small models the medics use for anatomy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    No, one of those small models the medics use for anatomy.
    Oh, that's slightly less exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Right. I'm off to the Whipple library which I've just discovered. Its almost as nice as the Ward and is also on Free School Lane, so good for between lectures. And its about a thousand trillion times nicer (and quieter) than the SPS library which I despise.
    I don't know what's gotten into me this year. I have an essay due tomorrow that I still have to read for and I'm sitting hear sticking in bits of cardboard and watching youtube :dry: :vroam:

Oh, that's slightly less exciting.
    What did you think I was going to say? :tongue: And are you sure you'd easily come up with a more 'exciting' prop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    What did you think I was going to say? :tongue: And are you sure you'd easily come up with a more 'exciting' prop?
    Well, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that a medic/physiologist etc could have got hold of a real skeleton.

ReputationRep:
    I like the whole prop-taking thing! It sounds fun. I'd take my polo stick or my long sparkly schooling whip :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    schooling whip
    :confused:

As in "I'm going to school you with my whip"?

:tongue:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by brimstone)
    In a Facebook album called Lent Term shennanigans [sic], you're sitting next to the best friend of one of my friends, who I'm swapping with tomorrow. Initials RB.
    Cool, she's really nice and is my neighbour's schoolfriend's friend. Kind of reminds me of the 'six degrees of separation' thing, going via her you'd be my neighbour's schoolfriend's friend's best friend's friend. :yes:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    normally i'd be mad at a fire alarm but this one got me out of bed. My essay is due in 90 minutes lolol.
    :eek: OMG, exactly the same happened to me this morning. Slept through my alarm but the fire alarm went off at 9.30, so I just managed to get to my Soc Anth lecture on time

ReputationRep:
    w00p, I don't have a supervision today

There is now a much higher chance that I will finish the two examples papers that I have set myself to do today. It's still not a significant possibility mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    going via her you'd be my neighbour's schoolfriend's friend's best friend's friend. :yes:
    :rofl: Haha, how bizarre.

In other news, I'm incredibly pleased. The essay I did on Friday, which was very rushed and which I called the worst essay I've done since starting SPS, has been emailed back by my supervisor; it's 'a very good essay' with 'excellent points' and a 'good introduction' :eek: :eek: :woo:

ReputationRep:

Just went to sainsbury's, but had to come back, as I had forgotten what it is I wanted to buy...

ReputationRep:

Just went to sainsbury's, but had to come back, as I had forgotten what it is I wanted to buy...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:

:tongue: Typical Cambridge students; super intelligent, but can't function in the real world :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.