The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9760
Llamaaa
Minimo is in charge :tongue:

Can we go to the Chop House for dinner again? :flutter: Failing that Bella Italia or Wagamamas :ninja:

And thankyou very much for talking about elections Caians! I almost forgot the JCR election on today. I've got an hour and a half left.

Getting ready for Halfway Hall now :macarena:

And refusing to think about that essay crisis :woo:

Oh: well done brimstone. That is often the way with SPS essays I've found. The disasters are sometimes the best.
Reply 9761
Grr, where the hell has this day gone?
Reply 9762
alex_hk90
I've never got a hangover so that doesn't act as a disincentive. I tend to get something to eat and then watch a TV show on iPlayer when I get back. Good times. :yep:

In that case, could you please try to explain to me how to find all mixed (and pure) strategic Nash equilibria for 2-player 3 by 3 strategic form games?
We've had the Mathmos spam this thread with their stuff (:tongue:) so we might as well have some fun Microeconomics as well. :biggrin:

I wish I could help but I don't do game theory any more. I did have a look for my notes and supervisions but seem to have thrown them away :sad:
Reply 9763
Hmm, also, just remembered: went into thornton's earlier, hoping to pick up heavily discounted valentine's themed chocolate, but the sneaky bastards have just changed the signs next to all the heart-shaped boxes to "mothers' day"...
Reply 9764
Craghyrax
Can we go to the Chop House for dinner again? :flutter: Failing that Bella Italia or Wagamamas :ninja:

And thankyou very much for talking about elections Caians! I almost forgot the JCR election on today. I've got an hour and a half left.

Getting ready for Halfway Hall now :macarena:

And refusing to think about that essay crisis :woo:

Oh: well done brimstone. That is often the way with SPS essays I've found. The disasters are sometimes the best.

Chop House is good toooo :biggrin:

Is everyone OK with that?

I dunno how many people to make reservations for though - I wonder if we need bother on a Weds night?
minimo
I dunno how many people to make reservations for though - I wonder if we need bother on a Weds night?

I definitely can't make tomorrow at all, as I've only written 250 words of one of my four essays all due in on Tuesday. :sad:
mmmm chop house. What time? I'll be there but james is coxing.
Apagg
I wish I could help but I don't do game theory any more. I did have a look for my notes and supervisions but seem to have thrown them away :sad:

No worries, I had a chat with my supervisior today and it turns out that it's pretty much just an exhaustive search combined with intuition.
Craghyrax

Any of those are good by me!! So I take it you'll be joining us? :flutter:
i'm making politically incorrect pudding tonight. its a chocolate pudding from a 1940s New Zealand recipe that my grandma used to make, called Brown Betty.
Reply 9770
alex_hk90
No worries, I had a chat with my supervisior today and it turns out that it's pretty much just an exhaustive search combined with intuition.

Did you actually have to find any mixed strategies then? Pure is pretty much what you describe but mixed requires a little bit of maths first, as I recall
Reply 9771
scarlet ibis
i'm making politically incorrect pudding tonight. its a chocolate pudding from a 1940s New Zealand recipe that my grandma used to make, called Brown Betty.

racist!!!11!1!1!one

:tongue:

It's at 7.30 - :biggrin:
Hi, sorry to intrude, but is there any way of sending mail from student to staff - the mail service seems to be only for students and the messenger service only for staff.

elle_fairy
Hi, sorry to intrude, but is there any way of sending mail from student to staff - the mail service seems to be only for students and the messenger service only for staff.

People seem divided on whether students can use UMS, but you may be able to if you're sending to staff rather than students. Failing that, I suppose you'll have to use Royal mail or something equally inconvenient. Or I suppose you could give said letter to the porters of their college, or put it in their department pigeonhole.
elle_fairy

Just use CUSU-MS. Your porters should have box. Just mark it as CUSU-MS and where you want it to go.

I suppose, though, if it has a staff-members' name on it, I can use the UMS as they don't know who it's from....
Reply 9776
minimo
Chop House is good toooo :biggrin:

Is everyone OK with that?

I'd like to come, but can't - going to formal. What time until/where is there likely to be something going on afterwards?
Reply 9777
Scipio90
I'd like to come, but can't - going to formal. What time until/where is there likely to be something going on afterwards?

does anyone have your number? we'll just send you a text :smile:
Reply 9778
Athena
Doesn't Cambridge have a standard, all-colleges, all-departments free internal mail service? At Oxford, you can send up to four items a day to anyone in the university, staff or students. You just give it to the porter and ask them to put it in pidge post.

I just ask to 'ICMS' it and it gets there :p:

AFAIK UMS is for Fellows, ICMS is for students.
Reply 9779
minimo
does anyone have your number? we'll just send you a text :smile:

Think a few people do, but will PM it to you just in case none of them are there.

Latest

Trending

Trending