Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If it's to staff I always put it in the UMS, no questions asked. I also occasionally put things for students in there if its confidential stuff. Again, no one has ever questioned it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks

Do you put anything other on it than name and college?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    guyssss, if people want booze tomorrow at mine can we do it BYOB? thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    AFAIK UMS is for Fellows, ICMS is for students.
    Is one of those the same as CUSU-MS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Is one of those the same as CUSU-MS?
    I think he means CUSU MS by ICMS.

Info on CUSU Mailing Service here http://www.cusu.cam.ac.uk/services/mailservice/
    (A bit of) Info on UMS here http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/e...pport/ums.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Hmm, should be amusing.

Incidentally, the swear filter makes it really difficult to talk about Japan. ********* Keigo? **********? Both perfectly valid, and the "swearword" breaks both mora and syllable boundaries...

Edit:

Haha!
    Hmmm. I would write /ja.ma.si.ta kee.go/, or /ja.ma.si.ta keR.go/, where /R/ is a chroneme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Hmmm. I would write /ja.ma.si.ta kee.go/, or /ja.ma.si.ta keR.go/, where /R/ is a chroneme.
    *hits head* Yeah, apparently even an orthography system I'm not fully proficient in has negative effects on my phonemic abstraction. And of course we can't discuss the Hepburn romanization because it'll be starred out.

Edit: Vance (1987) gives an anlysis I prefer actually, where you just have long vowels as syllabic and spreading across two moras, but I suppose that's functionally equivalent to a chroneme. Incidentally, in some cases people pronounce two different vowels for long syllables, but it's rare. Anyhoo, note that these are phonemic transcriptions, which is why I used /y/ rather than /j/ - convenience really, as you can call phonemes whatever you want.

ReputationRep:
    I went to corporate communion and the dinner afterwards. It may be that I ate up to twice as much as I was capable of. I'm afraid to breath out :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dreammoods.com/

Just found this. Typed in the last dream I can remember, which was about a fractal cathedral. No results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    racist!!!11!1!1!one

:tongue:

It's at 7.30 -
    nom nom nom. the pudding was as delicious as i remembered it, esp with the use of dark brown muscovado sugar. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Ok so that was a profoundly boring evening. The food was nice, but I was under the impression we didn't need gowns (because we didn't use them at First Year Hall) - which was incorrect. So the porter sent me back to get my gown, and once I returned the photos had already been taken and I couldn't choose where I sat, so had noone to talk to. And the mask I made was useless.

Meh :hmpf:

And I'll probably come tomorro night but can't be sure. Glad the Chop House idea meets with approval. Its been way too long since I went (minimo's birthday I think)

I'm going to swallow copious amounts of caffeine and go to the library.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the library still feeling very unwell. I shoudl just go home.

In other news this is one of my favourite xkcd comics.

ReputationRep:
    That is very ukebert, yes. I approve of the abseiling.

ReputationRep:
    i have just discovered the amazingness of sharon fruit.

i have had a massively healthy day and am very happy.

now to make a special card for a special someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Ok so that was a profoundly boring evening. The food was nice, but I was under the impression we didn't need gowns (because we didn't use them at First Year Hall) - which was incorrect. So the porter sent me back to get my gown, and once I returned the photos had already been taken and I couldn't choose where I sat, so had noone to talk to. And the mask I made was useless.

Meh :hmpf:

And I'll probably come tomorro night but can't be sure. Glad the Chop House idea meets with approval. Its been way too long since I went (minimo's birthday I think)

I'm going to swallow copious amounts of caffeine and go to the library.
    Oops, missed this. Sorry you had such a crap evening This is where my strategy of wearing gowns to anything that might possibly require them proves it's worth :sadnod:

I think there might have been excess amounts of creme freche in that cake. I feel most unwell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Oops, missed this. Sorry you had such a crap evening This is where my strategy of wearing gowns to anything that might possibly require them proves it's worth :sadnod:

I think there might have been excess amounts of creme freche in that cake. I feel most unwell.
    I can't seem to get stuff right these days :dry:

I'm about to set off to try out John's library. I really need it tonight. Wish me luck!

ReputationRep:

I'm about to set off to try out John's library. I really need it tonight. Wish me luck!
    :console:

And good luck

I now have to laugh uproariously at the ADC :dry: Perhaps a Rennie will help.

ReputationRep:

aww Craggs! Well hopefully we'll see you tomorrow. Good luck with the work.

ReputationRep:
    oooh we get a new thread soon! exciting!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.