Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there a facebook event for tomorrow? I think someone mentioned one... If so, may I be invited please? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I'm in the library still feeling very unwell. I shoudl just go home.

In other news this is one of my favourite xkcd comics.

Not particularly one of my favourites, don't really know why.

ReputationRep:
    What I want to do;

Go to bed with tea & a book for a relaxing end to the day, after spening all afternoon working :/

What I will actually have to to;

Stay up for the next four hours doing grammar, translation & vocab, so I can use tomorrow to cram in all the reading/writing for my essay due on Thursday.

ffs, I'm a first year, I don't lead an overly excessive lifestyle, why does this uni set us so much work that it's physically impossible to do within an adequate life/work balance?

This sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    What I want to do;

Go to bed with tea & a book for a relaxing end to the day, after spening all afternoon working :/

What I will actually have to to;

Stay up for the next four hours doing grammar, translation & vocab, so I can use tomorrow to cram in all the reading/writing for my essay due on Thursday.

ffs, I'm a first year, I don't lead an overly excessive lifestyle, why does this uni set us so much work that it's physically impossible to do within an adequate life/work balance?

This sucks.
    :hugs: Hope you don't end up having too late a night.

I'm personally not looking forward to having to explain my hacked-together "it works, but I have no idea why" Java code tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

You know how to talk to computers... that's just amazing. People, the worst comes to the worst, respond to sign language, but there's only so much you can get accomplished with switching it on & back off again...

Yeah, I do know most of my PC facts from the IT Crowd :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)

This sucks.
    :ditto:

John's attempt an epic fail :dry: The card didn't work, but before I had a chance to try a second time to be sure I didn't put it in the wrong way round, someone opened it up from inside... and there was a girl on her mobile waiting outside near me, so instead of peering at the little picture instruction sticker in a conspicuous manner, I scurried in. Once in, it dawned on me that the entrance required a card to exit as well as enter. What's up with that!? :hmpf: At Peterhouse you need your card to enter, but once you're in you can get out without a card. So yeh, worked for a bit and then decided to get the awkward hanging around by the door in an obvious fashion process over sooner rather than later, while people were still likely to be passing through somewhat more frequently.

*sigh* Maybe I'll invest the rest of tonight's energies in finishing the letter to the Fellow in charge of our library that I half started but never sent :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Yeah, I do know most of my PC facts from the IT Crowd :/
    *high-fives*

Someone made a blatant reference to the IT crowd the other day, and no-one got it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)

*sigh* Maybe I'll invest the rest of tonight's energies in finishing the letter to the Fellow in charge of our library that I half started but never sent :banghead:
    It is worth making your situation known to college - it's not really in their interests to stop you from working after all! Lots of colleges have 24/7 libraries with card access and it seems to work fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    *high-fives*
    [s]five[/s] :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    It is worth making your situation known to college - it's not really in their interests to stop you from working after all! Lots of colleges have 24/7 libraries with card access and it seems to work fine.
    Yeah, surely there's no real argument against 24-hour libraries?

ReputationRep:
    I'm closing the thread with the final post :king1: If anyone wants to be the new thread starter, jump in now before I make another one.... :poke:

ReputationRep:
    New Cambridge Chat Thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=819456

ReputationRep:
    Fail.

ReputationRep:
    Last post!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Nope - last post! I wanted to close the thread

hehehe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.