Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Need to work. But too tired.

I also need to get round to filling my internship/vacation scheme applications out before everywhere fills up, but I hate the questions they ask (for example, "what is your proudest moment?" :rolleyes: )

(Original post by Nina)
    Not impressed. They have installed a stupid timer on our oven/hob combo, meaning it will only be on for ten minutes at a time. This means that when I'm cooking something I have to run down and press the button every 9 minutes or my food won't cook. I have better things to do with my time!! And I was planning on cooking a roast, the meat of which takes two hours to cook.
    That's insane! Were people leaving the oven on all day or something?!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No. There's only 2 of us that live here, and it wasn't me, and he can see it if he opens his bedroom door, so it isn't my housemate either. I'm going to complain, but I bet you twenty quid they blame health and safety.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they will. Queens' put them in our kitchens last year except mine was on some absurdly short timer until it was fixed. I think I'm right in saying our -electric sockets- in the kitchen were on them too.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of selotape over the button? That'll **** their health and safety over

ReputationRep:
    is there some sort of TSR meet tmoz?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. From about 7.30, in memorial court, I think.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Tom)
    That would be good, apart from the fact that this is now the only way to turn the damn thing on. I am not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    brilliant!!!!!!! im so trying that next time i cook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    That would be good, apart from the fact that this is now the only way to turn the damn thing on. I am not impressed.
    we have the same button thing. it sucks. it really annoys me when colleges treat students like we're kids. i thought i'd escaped boarding school last year, obviously not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    I'm off to hear Roger Penrose :yep:
    Was he any good? I considered going, but didn't want to take the risk of it being 55 minutes of stuff any scientifically literate person knows anyway followed by 5 minutes of interesting stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Was he any good? I considered going, but didn't want to take the risk of it being 55 minutes of stuff any scientifically literate person knows anyway followed by 5 minutes of interesting stuff.
    It was SOOOOOOOOOO good, he is an OHP transparency GOD :yep: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Pffft sleep is for losers. I've had 4-5 hours of sleep and 17 hour days for the past few days. Need to be in at 7:15 tomorrow and have to do 2 assignments tonight. Oops.

Panto kicked ass today, even though there were a few line ****-ups and one of the main characters broke the Christmas tree...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, facebook has stopped inviting me to acquaint myself with the town bike and has started offering relevant advertisements

ReputationRep:
    Has facebook changed, or have you :p:

(Original post by Nina)
    Not impressed. They have installed a stupid timer on our oven/hob combo, meaning it will only be on for ten minutes at a time. This means that when I'm cooking something I have to run down and press the button every 9 minutes or my food won't cook. I have better things to do with my time!! And I was planning on cooking a roast, the meat of which takes two hours to cook.
    You could try pointing out that ovens are designed to be on for more than 10 minutes. That is absolutely insane.

ReputationRep:
    What time are we meeting outside the UL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Has facebook changed, or have you :p:
    >_> I resent that.

Mildly.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I'm just starting my essay due at 3. **************.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    It was SOOOOOOOOOO good, he is an OHP transparency GOD :yep: :yep:
    Either that or he hired a professional to do it... the quality of the drawings and writing was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Time to write another crappy essay. The title is ridiculously simplistic and so similar to an essay I did last week, it's really hard to argue anything interesting and frankly I cba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Time to write another crappy essay. The title is ridiculously simplistic and so similar to an essay I did last week, it's really hard to argue anything interesting and frankly I cba
    i sympathise. i just wrote a terrible essay, i had no argument and couldnt be bothered. just emailed it now, 5 mins before the deadline

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.