Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to go to the spanish society Come to the meet instead :yes:

Anyway, it starts at 1930? 1945? something like that, so plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    i know it would be a dream if it werent for the fact i have to write an essay on these damn books. seriously, writing about literature kills it. i cant enjoy the books because i feel so pressured to have an opinion on them and to get through them quickly....
    I have UL borrowing rights and would be happy to 'do you a favour'. I will probably pop in there tomorrow to get some books for myself...so

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys :^^:

West Wing: I was actually thinking of suggesting arch and anth for your usertitle earlier, but kept it to myself :p: No need for apologies; I'm just sad you're not happy in your subject... and that people in general are sometimes not happy with their courses. Of course I'm lucky to get into Cambridge on those grounds alone, but I'm especially lucky that I got a place in SPS rather than Politics elsewhere - last year's Politics paper was a real turn-off! I didn't ever want to hear the word 'representation' again by the end :p: Oh and I was pretty glad to see the back of Psychology too :dry: Soc Anth was really dire to begin with, but became better once I grappled with it during revision.

My really cool German housemate gave me some lovely cake that his Aunt posted from Germany :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, ten past one essayfinish. By my standards that's pretty much an all-nighter. Even Wittgenstein becomes a chore when you have to do stupid essays. Grrmph.

ReputationRep:
    My work is going just as badly as it was back in week 3, where I had a momentary collapse of self-restraint. However, I do not feel nearly as depressed about it

I am going to interpret this as progress :yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Work's not going well here either, I'm still doing reading I wanted to have finished two days ago... oh well, one more chapter to go for tonight.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhh, my essay is actually not so ****. I just wish I could have comfortably finished it rather than having to rush it tomorrow. I wanted to give myself a couple of hours of 'me time' tomorrow but i doubt that will happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Wow, ten past one essayfinish.
    :confused: Enjoy Witgenstein anyway. I have a date with Rorty :dry:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I am going to interpret this as progress
    Definitely :cool:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Work's not going well here either, I'm still doing reading I wanted to have finished two days ago... oh well, one more chapter to go for tonight.
    Hate that feeling!

Hmm.. you've just reminded me of Economics. My course is bludgeoning me over the head with the stuff at the moment. Today's lecture was rational choice theory, and one of the reason's my last essay took so long is because I found it extremely hard to wax lyrical about finance and matters pertaining to it The mere word 'investment' short circuits my brain which immediately tries to go to sleep in protest :o:

One of the reasons I prefer Sociology to Politics at Cambridge is because much of social theory incorporates economic factors, but evidently I only deal with small doses. [/RANDOMWAFFLE]

ReputationRep:
    AAAARRRRGH

Why am I up? It is 2:30! :eek:

AND I have Linear Circuits tomorrow. AND a supervision.

ReputationRep:
    Shoo! :security:

ReputationRep:
    :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

I'm going to hide in my bed. G'night all.

ReputationRep:
    Night

ReputationRep:
    Right, a few points: Firstly, I think I'm free enough to come tomorrow - see you guys at the UL side of Memorial Court around 7:30. Secondly, did we decide on food in the end? I'm all for takeaway wagamamas, providing they let you order ramen for takeaway. Finally, whoever is reading Wittgenstein is lucky - I love Wittgenstein, especially Tractatus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Right, a few points: Firstly, I think I'm free enough to come tomorrow - see you guys at the UL side of Memorial Court around 7:30. Secondly, did we decide on food in the end? I'm all for takeaway wagamamas, providing they let you order ramen for takeaway. Finally, whoever is reading Wittgenstein is lucky - I love Wittgenstein, especially Tractatus.
    Yay! A Wagamams supporter who's coming :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    morningggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I have UL borrowing rights and would be happy to 'do you a favour'. I will probably pop in there tomorrow to get some books for myself...so
    wow that is sooo kind of you and i would have taken you up on the offer but i just checked on Newton and it says the book is "not borrowable"?!?!? its in the West Room, called 'That Bringas Woman' by Benito Perez Galdos translated by Catherine Jagoe. but as i say it's "not borrowable" so i guess i have to read it in the library after all......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    wow that is sooo kind of you and i would have taken you up on the offer but i just checked on Newton and it says the book is "not borrowable"?!?!? its in the West Room, called 'That Bringas Woman' by Benito Perez Galdos translated by Catherine Jagoe. but as i say it's "not borrowable" so i guess i have to read it in the library after all......
    that's rubbishh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Either that or he hired a professional to do it...
    don't shatter my dreams :love: Roger Penrose :love:

ReputationRep:
    I've written 500 words in the last hour - 10 1033 done sooo far. That's a LOT for me in just an hour. Halfway there, woop! Then I'm off to town to buy Xmas presents for my family...then more :work: then :party:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.