Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Really? :eek:

I thought I'd missed the only opportunity to salvage my dubious social life this side of week 5 :hmpf:
    tbf I thought this was it as well :five:

ReputationRep:
    Now that was a long day. Finally home after leaving at 7am. I scrubbed in to watch 4 ops including a mammoth operation (they were taking this dude's oesophagus out) which lasted 7 hours, and then had to run to the panto to work backstage. My legs ACHE.

ReputationRep:
    Well done visesh. Enjoying it?
    (Original post by ukebert)
    A gay guy from down the hall crashed the party, and once we told him that we were all off TSR revealed that he got banned for abusing Seven_Three (I got warned for calling him an idiot). Once he revealed his username I realised that he had negged me, and I said so, rather heatedly, to ribald amusement.
    Very bizarre. Wasn't Seven_Three deserving of the abuse though? (from the little I picked up)

ReputationRep:
    :mrssanta: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=731461

Partytimez :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    It was lovely to see everyone tonight & thanks for the enthusiasm on the Irn-Bru front!

ReputationRep:

Very bizarre. Wasn't Seven_Three deserving of the abuse though? (from the little I picked up)
    It's been good fun, but I'm not really liking surgery at the moment. It seems rather gung ho and butcher like...! It IS cool being in theatre as a student though- getting to see a beating heart and the lungs in action as well as other 'live' anatomy is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    It was lovely to see everyone tonight & thanks for the enthusiasm on the Irn-Bru front!
    Hehe, I enjoyed myself too; thanks for coming, guys, it was a good experience. The experience was even more worth it for the expression on the faces of our hallmates when we showed them all of the pizza, cake and remaining goodies that were left over! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Uke you didn't wrong me at all The neg has disappeared so I guess they all repented Happy dayz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I'm not really liking surgery at the moment. It seems rather gung ho and butcher like...!
    That's not drastically comforting... :p:

ReputationRep:

Very bizarre. Wasn't Seven_Three deserving of the Thisabuse though? (from the little I picked up)
    Yes. Yes he was.

ReputationRep:
    That's not drastically comforting... :p:
    Seriously, it's like 'ooh, this bit isn't doing what it should. Let's remove it!' Medicine (as opposed to surgery) seems a bit more down to earth and 'intelligent' in that it uses (IMO) more clinical judgement and careful longer-term care. A medical ward round with 20-25 patients lasts at least few hours. A surgical ward round with a similar case load lasts 1 hour if you're lucky. That being said, I'm basing this purely on 3 days experience on a surgical firm at Addies as opposed to 5 weeks of medicine at a DGH, so YMMV.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, it's like 'ooh, this bit isn't doing what it should. Let's remove it!' Medicine (as opposed to surgery) seems a bit more down to earth and 'intelligent' in that it uses (IMO) more clinical judgement and careful longer-term care. A medical ward round with 20-25 patients lasts at least few hours. A surgical ward round with a similar case load lasts 1 hour if you're lucky. That being said, I'm basing this purely on 3 days experience on a surgical firm at Addies as opposed to 5 weeks of medicine at a DGH, so YMMV.
    Hmm :shifty: best not to think about it, from the perspective of the person under the scalpel :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    Hehe, I enjoyed myself too; thanks for coming, guys, it was a good experience. The experience was even more worth it for the expression on the faces of our hallmates when we showed them all of the pizza, cake and remaining goodies that were left over! :ninja:
    Thanks for inviting us . It was really nice to meet you all.
    I realise I didn't talk a lot (as James rather correctly pointed out when we left ), but I can assure you that this is not because I was bored or anything, rather than that it was difficult to keep up with the pace of the conversation, English being a foreign language for me... anyway, I'm waffling now, so to sum it up: Nice evening .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    It was really nice to meet you all.
    Except me

Lol I love how everyone came onto TSR at the same time

ReputationRep:
    Except me
    Yeah . I guess this has not been the last TSR meet though . I'm not sure whether I can make it to the Secret Santa one, but there's still Lent term...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm :shifty: best not to think about it, from the perspective of the person under the scalpel :eek:
    I was amazed when I found out that they rarely use scalpels these days

It's all about diathermy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diathermy#Surgical_uses )- it smells.

ReputationRep:
    Except me

Lol I love how everyone came onto TSR at the same time
    Addicts

And you were missed :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I was amazed when I found out that they rarely use scalpels these days

It's all about diathermy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diathermy#Surgical_uses )- it smells.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Uke you didn't wrong me at all The neg has disappeared so I guess they all repented Happy dayz
    Either that or the posts have been deleted...

I didn't think that they could repent. Although a mod might have decided that it was inappropriate.

God I'm not going to be able to look UoL in the face :o:

ReputationRep:
    Night everyone :yawn:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.