Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Having to learn 300 drugs, most of which aren't in clinical use - most useless thing anyone has ever had to do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Having to learn 300 drugs, most of which aren't in clinical use - most useless thing anyone has ever had to do??
    Quite possibly.

ReputationRep:
    That honour goes to the whole discipline of Social Anthropology. Who honestly cares what non-Western cultures do?

ReputationRep:
    OMG this flapjack is awful

ReputationRep:
    I think doing a year of Roman law was pretty useless, given that it had virtually no impact on our legal system and we don't even study those systems which it did influence.

ReputationRep:
    I would much prefer a course that allowed focus on physics and maths straight away. The stuff we learn in geology and compsci is interesting, but I'm struggling to force myself to actually care.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God. I am reduced to doing the corrections from the previous maths paper, because I can't do the papers that I need to do for Monday. I have now realised that I can't do the corrections :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    I hate my course full stop :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm alive again (just, though I think I've taken coughing to the next level) and now have a mountain of work to do. The amount of work that I missed from taking 4 days out is incredible.

Btw is the TSR Christmas meet that minimo was saying still happening?

Re moaning about courses: I wonder whether NatSci was the right choice for me about every other day. :p: But then, I don't know what I would've done instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I'm alive again (just, though I think I've taken coughing to the next level) and now have a mountain of work to do. The amount of work that I missed from taking 4 days out is incredible.

Btw is the TSR Christmas meet that minimo was saying still happening?

Re moaning about courses: I wonder whether NatSci was the right choice for me about every other day. :p: But then, I don't know what I would've done instead...
    I think you've passed it on to me :hmmm: Glad you're feeling better though :p:

And I'm not surprised about work missed

I always wonder whether I'm good enough to do engineering, or at least, I always wonder that when struggling with examples papers. So I'm wordering that now :o:

ReputationRep:
    Guardian headline today (right there on the front page):

"Triumph of western democracy not certain"

:rofl: Shock! Horror! Stop the presses!

I bought it anyway, and discovered Plymouth's student union somehow do a huge discount on newspaper prices (80p down to 30p). How great is that?

ReputationRep:
    Fear not, when you get to the wards, some of them are remotely relevant. Their mechanisms are pretty useful to know though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Guardian headline today (right there on the front page):

"Triumph of western democracy not certain"

:rofl: Shock! Horror! Stop the presses!

I bought it anyway, and discovered Plymouth's student union somehow do a huge discount on newspaper prices (80p down to 30p). How great is that?
    We get a pretty good discount here too, at Heffers 20p for The TImes IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    Doing tech for the Law Ball tomorrow night. I shall also be working at 11am Sunday morning. I am going to be such a zombie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Fear not, when you get to the wards, some of them are remotely relevant. Their mechanisms are pretty useful to know though.
    Indeed - just remember the endings of the drugs (-pril, -dipine) and that's a lot more helpful than their specific names.

I'm drinking wine and then going to panto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    We get a pretty good discount here too, at Heffers 20p for The TImes IIRC.
    :eek: Didn't know that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, I absolutely loved pharmacology last year. I actually found it fun to know what drugs did, and then went and raided my parents' medicine cabinet to see if I could recognise any of the medicines they had. And now I always try to find out what a drug does (at least broadly) before taking it, something that I never did before pharmacology last year...

Also, I have gotten terribly addicted to food from Fitzbillies (I blame the Varsity coupons - and of course, it doesn't help that the distance between Fitzbillies and Corpus is minimal), just ate a whole slice of fudge cake! This is not going to be good for my diet...

ReputationRep:
    Oh God I want to go walking. Sailing dinghies should be a good substitute, but the weather isn't looking fantastic Besides, I'm a bit under the weather at the moment.

You posted that an hour ago Amy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Doing tech for the Law Ball tomorrow night. I shall also be working at 11am Sunday morning. I am going to be such a zombie!
    Your name is now blue. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Oh God I want to go walking. Sailing dinghies should be a good substitute, but the weather isn't looking fantastic Besides, I'm a bit under the weather at the moment.
    Are you a member of CUHWC then? *wonders if I've seen ukebert on a walk* There's always the rambling club walks too (including one on Sunday), though as they stay local they tend to be very flat....

And does anyone know if/where there is a cheap watch repair place in Cambridge ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.