The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
-Matt-
Are you a member of CUHWC then? *wonders if I've seen ukebert on a walk* There's always the rambling club walks too (including one on Sunday), though as they stay local they tend to be very flat....

And does anyone know if/where there is a cheap watch repair place in Cambridge :smile:?

Ah, very good question. I just need a battery for my watch, nothing else, but I have no idea where to find a place that would change the battery for me...
Reply 1301
Y__
Ah, very good question. I just need a battery for my watch, nothing else, but I have no idea where to find a place that would change the battery for me...

A jeweller's would do this, I think, but I don't know whether there are any in the centre/whether they'll be expensive.
There's an H Samuels in the Lion Yard. There's also apparently a watch shop in the Grafton centre, but I've never been there.
I got my battery replaced at Timpsons, opposite the entrance to Lion Yard.
Reply 1304
Vazzyb
lol i wish I could say the same, but that would be lieing. Clare, actually, is just amazing...the bridge, river and trees and then that court - can't beat it really; even though Tree Court is so pretty. Its a pleasure to walk through it every day!

:eek: :eek: Caius is clearly much more beautiful then Clare!!! :yep: :yep:

squeezebox
I would love to! :biggrin:

I feel really bad for leaving you guys early, I just felt really dizzy and headachy. I feel a bit better now after a nap, which is good as I have a supervision in 5 mins!

Yes yes you must!!! :biggrin: seriously we'd love to have you as a member of the Caius mathmo flock :yep: :yep:

It's ok, we knew you didn't do it out of rudeness :smile:
Reply 1305
smilepea
:eek: :eek: Caius is clearly much more beautiful then Clare!!! :yep: :yep:

I've never been inside Caius, but it seems a bit intimidating from the outside IMO>
Reply 1306
Scipio90
I've never been inside Caius, but it seems a bit intimidating from the outside IMO>

lol I see what you mean, but you really should take a look inside :yep:
Reply 1307
celiaceliacelia
English at Pembroke, anyone?

Hi. This thread is intended for current Cambridge students only. Please restrict posts like this to the relevant threads in the subforum.
-Matt-
Are you a member of CUHWC then? *wonders if I've seen ukebert on a walk* There's always the rambling club walks too (including one on Sunday), though as they stay local they tend to be very flat....

I am, but I haven't managed to get to any of the walks yet :frown:

I was going to do the one this weekend, but realised that there would be no way that I could get the work done that I needed to do before Monday. On odd weeks I have 2 examples papers in for monday :>.<:

I can't go to any of the socials either. Which is a bit of a shame, because I'd like to get involved with the CUHWC.
Scipio90
Your name is now blue. :confused:

No longer a sub :frown: Will probably resub when I has monies next month. For the red name as much as anything else!

ukebert
You posted that an hour ago

I think the browser sent it twice somehow. I certainly didn't write it out again!

Quite looking forward to the ball now. I get to wear a dress and everything! Working balls is excellent. I'll never pay again if I can help it! Although this one won't be as good as the May Balls.
Reply 1310
ukebert
I am, but I haven't managed to get to any of the walks yet :frown:

I was going to do the one this weekend, but realised that there would be no way that I could get the work done that I needed to do before Monday. On odd weeks I have 2 examples papers in for monday :>.<:

I can't go to any of the socials either. Which is a bit of a shame, because I'd like to get involved with the CUHWC.

Work does tend to get in the way doesn't it.... other than the Fresher's day-trip I've only managed to go to Snowdonia, but ended up staying up all night the following Monday to get work done ... even after spending the whole week previously trying to get ahead. There is a trip over the Christmas holiday though which seems tempting...

And two examples papers in for one day isn't nice :frown:.

Thanks to all for the suggestions about watch repair places.
Reply 1311
scarlet ibis
No longer a sub :frown: Will probably resub when I has monies next month. For the red name as much as anything else!

Ah. I thought you'd just taken an ill-advised artistic decision :p:
Reply 1312
I am so, so knackered. Yesterday and today have been pretty packed full with uni work (essay deadline was today, essay crisis ensued) but tonight I went to work expecting to do a couple of hours and found my boss's computer system had crashed in the day, losing the entire day's work he, his assistant, and some of his family had done (a LOT of work). The send-to-the-printers deadline for the magazine I'm working on for him is Monday. So you can imagine it was something of a disaster. Have just spent 6 hours working in photoshop and qwark trying to find on the internet and then keep track of hundreds of files across several computers and get them all edited and placed in the right places in the magazine.

/dead

(though on the plus side I got to put my leet photoshopping skills to some constructive use for a change :biggrin: )

I was planning to take tomorrow totally off and go for a really long walk ('cos this week at uni and with work has been killer, and I need a break!) but that is decidedly not an option now if this is all going to be done by Monday. And have another uni essay to write on Sunday. And have to do enough reading to make a decision on my dissertation project by the middle of next week.

Arghghghghgh! Sorry, I needed the rant. It's actually harder at the moment to keep on top of stuff than it was at Cambridge I think - there I had work, and lots of it, but the environment is structured so you can devote yourself entirely to it for a few days if necessary (don't need to cook, don't need to drive anywhere, walk 5 mins at most for all library resources, shops etc, can work at anti-social hours without disturbing anyone, and of course have no job).
-Matt-
Work does tend to get in the way doesn't it.... other than the Fresher's day-trip I've only managed to go to Snowdonia, but ended up staying up all night the following Monday to get work done ... even after spending the whole week previously trying to get ahead. There is a trip over the Christmas holiday though which seems tempting...

And two examples papers in for one day isn't nice :frown:.

Thanks to all for the suggestions about watch repair places.

I missed the Fresher's day trip as I was on the Fresher's cruise with CUY. :p: It then took me a week to catch up, and I started falling behind anyway, and so didn't go to Snowdonia. I was thinking about doing the Lake District, but ultimately I can't afford to take another weekend off :frown:

And no, it isn't :s-smilie: I've got half way through one and have done 1.5 questions of the other. Velocity Diagrams are going to kill me, I swear :s-smilie:
Reply 1314
So much for waiting another hour before coming on TSR... :dry:
Craghyrax
So much for waiting another hour before coming on TSR... :dry:

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/ClevelandWay/index.asp

:smile:
Reply 1316
-Matt-

And does anyone know if/where there is a cheap watch repair place in Cambridge :smile:?

Someone told me there was somewhere in the market... but that could be a giant lie :smile:

I like it how I could have just walked upstairs to tell you that... although you're probably sensibly asleep :biggrin:
Reply 1317
brimstone
That honour goes to the whole discipline of Social Anthropology. Who honestly cares what non-Western cultures do?

I strongly agreed with you for most of last year, and possibly even more when I worked out what the bottom line to the discipline was over the course of revision. However now I'm really appreciating alot of the areas that are quite relevant to bits I care about now.
psyche87
Also, I have gotten terribly addicted to food from Fitzbillies (I blame the Varsity coupons - and of course, it doesn't help that the distance between Fitzbillies and Corpus is minimal), just ate a whole slice of fudge cake! This is not going to be good for my diet...

Erk - ditto. If you ever see a dreadlocked female in there, its probably me!
Scipio90

Uh no, that would be Trinity Hall. Caius at least let you walk in if you want to...
Scipio90
Ah. I thought you'd just taken an ill-advised artistic decision :p:

Says the Natsci to the Architect... :p:
-Matt-
Work does tend to get in the way doesn't it....
I haven't managed to do any hiking or climbing since I started my degree :frown:
Tom
Arghghghghgh! Sorry, I needed the rant. It's actually harder at the moment to keep on top of stuff than it was at Cambridge I think - there I had work, and lots of it, but the environment is structured so you can devote yourself entirely to it for a few days if necessary (don't need to cook, don't need to drive anywhere, walk 5 mins at most for all library resources, shops etc, can work at anti-social hours without disturbing anyone, and of course have no job).

Tom :frown: That sounds utterly and truly crap! I'm so sorry :console: Feel free to buzz if you find half an hour and want to vent more. And good luck getting all that done :eek:
Reply 1318
emilY?
... although you're probably sensibly asleep :biggrin:

Of course I am :ninja:

And now you mention it, I think someone (was it you...?) already told me about the market place but I completely forgot about it! That is slightly worrying...
Reply 1319
So much work to do :frown: *makes some green tea*

I better get on with it...

(oh and thanks for the link, ukebert)

Latest

Trending

Trending