Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Hmm... now I wonder if my DoSes are going to spring a surprise on us when we get back... but I vaguely recall being told that we don't get any? Hmm.

I fell asleep (or close enough) a few times today. :-/ And at one point scribbled nonsense into my notes. "Place the origin at the centre of the college cube"...
    If they are going to spring a mock on us then I think I'm going to do exceptionally badly, so I sure hope they don't!

Ah I have to fight so hard to stay awake sometimes, it's a nightmare though because I can barely keep up with copying down notes as it is, and if I drop off for a min or two ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Yeh but you're allowed to pick on us (well.. not me, but you know..) Historians, however. They don't go to lectures and have less than half of our workload! Meh *stops repeating herself*
    Don't even get me started. I mean, Historians have what - one essay and one supervision per week - in the first year? That's ridiculous compared to what most other subjects require.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Why isn't the Clare Politics website working?
    This is annoying me too, since I have written an article for it which isn't going to be up until the website is up :rolleyes: . They are working on it.

ReputationRep:
    Why has the idea of working in bed never come to me before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Lol. Its a good strategy for overnight essays.

visesh: your please have finally come to fruition. I've just escaped being warned for not multiquoting When I got the email I was worried I'd somewhen said something offensive, meanwhile I'd turned half a page of a thread blue.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, there's no need for historian bashing. This is all pretty silly, we all get different types of work, so theres no comparing one history essay a week and one supervision with 3 PPS essays and three supervisions. They don't all require the same work, do they? Everyone works pretty hard here, just in different ways. If you want to bash anyone, pick someone from a different university doing one essay a term.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have just one essay and supervision a week :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, but no Philosopher goes out of their way to make disparaging remarks about SPS to me :p:
    (Original post by Cantab)
    Woah, there's no need for historian bashing. This is all pretty silly, we all get different types of work, so theres no comparing one history essay a week and one supervision with 3 PPS essays and three supervisions. They don't all require the same work, do they? Everyone works pretty hard here, just in different ways. If you want to bash anyone, pick someone from a different university doing one essay a term.
    As I specified with my really long rant which is in a spoiler box, I'm not bashing historians I've only had this experience with a very small number of them. (and there are loads in Peterhouse) However it was historians not any other discipline who were fixated on SPS not being academic and therefore being somehow inferior. Yesterday I blew up at some troll on here who was being really insulting. I'm just wondering why historians do have this perspective. Whether your academics encourage it, etc etc.
    And yeh I don't feel any need to suggest your discipline is inferior because there are less deadlines a week, or for any other reason!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to bash anyone, pick someone from a different university doing one essay a term.
    Presumably they must do some kind of other work, though?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Not really. Or at least they don;t seem to.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, you guys clock up a LOT of posts. I'm checking in about once every 24 hours at the moment, and am not even bothering to try to read through it all any more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epitome)
    Jeez, you guys clock up a LOT of posts. I'm checking in about once every 24 hours at the moment, and am not even bothering to try to read through it all any more!
    It's because we're so cool.

ReputationRep:
    I'm relly enjoying the geology essays so far. I like the fact that even at this stage, there's quite a lot of "we're not quite sure what's going on here. It could be one of a few things, and the evidence isn't conclusive." It makes a nice change from the more "we've known this for 300 years, get on with it" physics and maths type view.

ReputationRep:
    Where have you been? Are you buried? :work:

ReputationRep:
    Are you buried? :work:
    Yes.

Best way to contact me is FB or email, btw, not here - I don't check in here enough to be reliable any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    If it came to me I'd guarentee that my next conscious thought would be confusion as my laptop setting my bed on fire would wake me up at 4 in the morning.

I've just had an hour long ppower nap. I am uncomfortably aware that power naps are not supposed to be that long :p: And I have loads of work to do, obviously.

Lol. Its a good strategy for overnight essays.

visesh: your please have finally come to fruition. I've just escaped being warned for not multiquoting When I got the email I was worried I'd somewhen said something offensive, meanwhile I'd turned half a page of a thread blue.
    You can get alerted for multiquoting? Why? Oh wait, I've just read it properly :o:

I have one essay this term :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Best way to contact me is FB or email, btw, not here - I don't check in here enough to be reliable any more.
    Yeh I realised. Don't worry I'm very busy myself. We need to choose a Saturday to plan the walk, but that's about it really and I'm being lazy. Also James and Amy don't think they'll go. They might come for some of it, but James' school won't have broken up yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I've just had an hour long ppower nap. I am uncomfortably aware that power naps are not supposed to be that long :p:
    A turbo-power nap?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Time of supervision: 1pm
    Time I'm chairing a faculty meeting: 1:05pm
    Time I realised this: 12:11pm

Not clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    Time of supervision: 1pm
    Time I'm chairing a faculty meeting: 1:05pm
    Time I realised this: 12:11pm

Not clever.
    Oh no! Do you think you can call the supervisor or something?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.