Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right. 8mins till :work:
    *enjoys a beam of sunlight on her floor*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Where is the co-op? :o:

God. Overslept again. Still don't have food for lunch, will now not have time to go to archery, might not have time to ring at GSM before the formal.

And sadly no insights came in the night regarding velocitydiagrams
    There are a few: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...num=1&ct=image

I use the dinky one on Grantchester St, but there's probably one a bit closer to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    I use the dinky one on Grantchester Road, but there's probably one a bit closer to you.
    That's quite a walk; do you cycle?

Ok.. laters :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    right, I have new plan.

From tomorrow, I'm going to spend my day in the library where there are no distractions and will use post-dinner time to work on my masters applications. The only way I'm going to meet my potential is by becoming a hermit, so so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Assuredly, it does not.
    :eek: How awful!

Also, ukebert, Sainsbury's is having a 2 for £2 deal on those massive Cadbury's bars... just so you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    That's quite a walk; do you cycle?

Ok.. laters :vroam:
    Grantchester St, sorry! No, I don't cycle, it's only ten minutes down the road. And infinitely nicer than Sainsbury's. The best place for shopping, though, has to be Al Amin supermarket on Mill Road. It has EVERYTHING. Including proper Indian sweets, kulfi, fresh curries, and fresh falafel. I only discovered it this term.

ReputationRep:
    I think I slept funnily on my bad shoulder, now it hearts more than it's done all week and I need to do some work now, as tomorrow is gunna end up a write off with having to go to the phisio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Grantchester St, sorry! No, I don't cycle, it's only ten minutes down the road. And infinitely nicer than Sainsbury's. The best place for shopping, though, has to be Al Amin supermarket on Mill Road. It has EVERYTHING. Including proper Indian sweets, kulfi, fresh curries, and fresh falafel. I only discovered it this term.
    wow. where abouts on mill road is this? far or close to Kelsey Kerridge? fresh falafel sounds very tempting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    :eek: How awful!

Also, ukebert, Sainsbury's is having a 2 for £2 deal on those massive Cadbury's bars... just so you know.
    Uhu, an incentive to go to Sainsbury's! Now if only I could actually be bothered to brave the cold...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Uhu, an incentive to go to Sainsbury's! Now if only I could actually be bothered to brave the cold...
    Brave the cold ? My heating is broken yet again, and my room has been freezing since yesterday 9pm. I had a cold shower this morning. This is not doing anything good to my health, I feel I should really write a formal complaint to the college, this is the third time that the heating has broken... they have Health&Safety regulations for like everything, but they don't manage to provide me a warm room for 92 pounds a week.

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    I think I slept funnily on my bad shoulder, now it hearts more than it's done all week and I need to do some work now, as tomorrow is gunna end up a write off with having to go to the phisio
    ooh which physio do you go to? I used to go to Beechwood and before that the NHS one at the newnham walk doctors but that woman stopped coming Now finally the doctors have admitted that my shoulder will never be solved with physio so I have to have surgery I'm having a cool MRI on friday where they inject dye to make the oddities stand out Woo!

ReputationRep:
    it always bewilders me why lots of people get annoyed about things in college, myself included, and want to complain, but never bother to do it. i guess it requires too much time and effort, but does anybody know of anyone who has ever formally complained about something and whether it made a difference?
    i get the impression that a complaining to colleges could just end up like talking to a brick wall....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    wow. where abouts on mill road is this? far or close to Kelsey Kerridge? fresh falafel sounds very tempting...
    sameee, tell me if you decide to go hunt for it lavalse and I'll join youu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    it always bewilders me why lots of people get annoyed about things in college, myself included, and want to complain, but never bother to do it. i guess it requires too much time and effort, but does anybody know of anyone who has ever formally complained about something and whether it made a difference?
    i get the impression that a complaining to colleges could just end up like talking to a brick wall....
    I had a plumber come out to look at my gurgely, erputing-with-disgusting-foam sink... he said "its old, I can't do anything"... and closed the online fault report. Since then, it hit a new low when someone poured tomato soup down their sink... and it came straight up mine

Think I may be having a word, when I get round to it:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    one of my friends at downing has a mushroom and mould growing in his bathroom and the college arent doing anything about it. worse than that, they're renovating the already nice accomodation to make it better for conference guests!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    sameee, tell me if you decide to go hunt for it lavalse and I'll join youu.
    deffo. i love mill road, so will go hunting when my food next runs out, some time this week maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    ooh which physio do you go to? I used to go to Beechwood and before that the NHS one at the newnham walk doctors but that woman stopped coming Now finally the doctors have admitted that my shoulder will never be solved with physio so I have to have surgery I'm having a cool MRI on friday where they inject dye to make the oddities stand out Woo!
    I'm going to see someone at Addenbrooke's as it's a sports injury thing (I went to the clinic last week) and oooh that MRI sounds exciting!! :yep:

Also where can I get a new bulb from? the main one has just gone in my room :o:

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury's. Though college should also have a stock of bulbs and can give you one if you can be bothered to find the right person and ask. I found it easier just to buy my own.

ReputationRep:

P'lodge, good luck finding a tall person to replace it though... if your ceiling height is anything like mine... and you have nothing but a chair to stand on!

Luckily a tall person I'd never met before happened to be in the kitchen upstairs when my bulb went

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see someone at Addenbrooke's as it's a sports injury thing (I went to the clinic last week) and oooh that MRI sounds exciting!! :yep:

Ooh the new sports clinic? That's cool- it stole the beechwood physio though The physios there are very good- you will be in good hands

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.