Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    deffo. i love mill road, so will go hunting when my food next runs out, some time this week maybe.
    awesome, I'm only vaguely familiar with mill road but fresh falafel sounds worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Ooh the new sports clinic? That's cool- it stole the beechwood physio though The physios there are very good- you will be in good hands
    the llamma avatar is goneeeeeee :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    the llamma avatar is goneeeeeee :cry:
    Only on Sundays It'll be back tomorrow

For now, enjoy Manolo Noriega

ReputationRep:
    Ooh the new sports clinic? That's cool- it stole the beechwood physio though The physios there are very good- you will be in good hands
    Is it new? I don't but it's the one that's like 9-10.30 mon wed and fri, and it's all good, I'm hoping she'll tell me I can play again

(Original post by emilY?)
    P'lodge, good luck finding a tall person to replace it though... if your ceiling height is anything like mine... and you have nothing but a chair to stand on!

Luckily a tall person I'd never met before happened to be in the kitchen upstairs when my bulb went
    Excellent I shall venture over to the plodge, luckily I can reach it without requiring a chair so it's all good I just hope they give me a brighter one, mine was stupidly dim :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Is it new? I don't but it's the one that's like 9-10.30 mon wed and fri, and it's all good, I'm hoping she'll tell me I can play again
    Yeah, all the sports injury physios in the area merged together to form the cambridge medical practice physio branch in addenbrookes, and they are the ones who run the clinic, I believe

I hope she lets you play!!

My doctor told me that I have to give up polo, but I took that to be a suggestion rather than an order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    :eek: How awful!

Also, ukebert, Sainsbury's is having a 2 for £2 deal on those massive Cadbury's bars... just so you know.

Not again :hmpf:

Well, I've had a productive day. Plan: Buy a sandwich from that shop up the road, eat, go to the library, work. Unfortunately I realised that I needed to do a wash, pronto as I have just run out of socks. So instead it was stick washing in washing machine, get sandwich from place up the road, decide that it's not worth going back, getting my books and working, stroll around Kings, get absorbed with the inside of the chapel, rush back, get stuff out of washing machine, put in dryer, decide that it's not worth going back to get my books, go into the library to go on TSR.

I expect I will start work at 1530. Which means that I won't be able to ring at GSM.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all the sports injury physios in the area merged together to form the cambridge medical practice physio branch in addenbrookes, and they are the ones who run the clinic, I believe

I hope she lets you play!!

My doctor told me that I have to give up polo, but I took that to be a suggestion rather than an order
    I'm glad they certainly seem really good, she even let me have an appointment in the afternoon so I didn't have to miss lectures

I do too!! They're kinda desperate for players to play on Wednesday as well :o:

lol giving up for good certainly seems a bit extreme!

I have a new bulb just as unbright as the last one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Only on Sundays It'll be back tomorrow
    Along which lines, I ran across a great photo on Deviantart a while ago:

http://je-mange-du-te.deviantart.com...a-hat-56073514

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Not again :hmpf:
    But I thought that would be good news...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    But I thought that would be good news...?
    It means that I will yet again fill my room with chocolate and eat it within 24 hours :sad: It also means that I will find time to get down to Sainsbury's, somehow :p:

Ah, my drying should have finished now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    Does anyone know what time Lion Yard thingy (or whatever it's called) closes today?
    I would guess 4, but it could be 5, and it probs depends on the individual shops

oh gosh darn it I was planning on having my V&M done and out of the way by tonight, I'm yet to start :o:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about dentists? I've got a massive, really painful hole in one of my teeth...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfb3000)
    Does anyone know anything about dentists? I've got a massive, really painful hole in one of my teeth...
    Uni dentist is the way to go. You don't have to register- just phone and get an appointment.

http://www.dental.cam.ac.uk/
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The university dentist is on trumptington street.walk down towards lensfield road on pembroke side and you'll get there.

But sainsbury's don't do massive bars of chocolate? They only do the ordinary 230g bars, or at least that's all I've seen? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    START NOW! I did that with groups yesterday and had a lovely (kind of) free evening because of it. :yep:
    erm .... I just can't seem to motivate myself ... I don't really know why but I just can't bring myself to start :o: It's really bad, I can't wait for the end of term, not so I can go home but so I don't have any more work to do!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by smilepea)
    erm .... I just can't seem to motivate myself ... I don't really know why but I just can't bring myself to start :o: It's really bad, I can't wait for the end of term, not so I can go home but so I don't have any more work to do!
    I know that feeling. :hugs: Just tell yourself there's under 2 weeks to go and it will be worth it in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm feeling the same. Can't wait for term to end but finding some motivation to push through these last two weeks is sooooooooo hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    But sainsbury's don't do massive bars of chocolate? They only do the ordinary 230g bars, or at least that's all I've seen? :confused:
    Yeah, that's the size I meant - is there an even larger size out there? :eek: 230g is massive in comparision to the regular-sized bars, surely.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone with some knowledge of international law help me a little?

The World Summit 2002 (the Jo'burg one on sust. dev.) is your typical document full of lofty goals and rhetoric etc but nothing substantive that I can find in the way of legal changes or enforcement of those principles.

However: it got signed up to by a whole load of nations, and also endorsed by the UN.

So, what does that mean legally? I'm unclear how it sort of filters down to a national level - is signing such a document legally binding for a country? Does the UN endorsing it and making it part of their policy mean that UN members legally speaking have to abide by the goals etc in the document?

I mean, I know obviously it's all unenforceable, but technically legally speaking are the countries that signed up and are members of the UN now legally bound to do what's in the document?

Hope someone here has a clearer idea of how this stuff works than me. Sucks trying to tackle stuff like this without the UL and reading lists to call upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    Yep, I'm feeling the same. Can't wait for term to end but finding some motivation to push through these last two weeks is sooooooooo hard.
    I'm trying to engage the power of positive thinking, it's hard when most of the time when you sit down to do some work you find that you can't answer the majority of questions :o:

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    I know that feeling. :hugs: Just tell yourself there's under 2 weeks to go and it will be worth it in the end.
    thanks, I'm trying to convince myself that if I can survive the 1st term I can survive anything this place has to throw at me (this is where no one should mention exam term!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.