Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    A turbo-power nap?
    I just looked up power naps on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_nap

Apparently it's more like the shorter the better, rather than vice versa :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can never normally sleep during the day, but I think I might try later, since I'm about to run off a workload cliff when I hand this essay in.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I might write today off as a non-work day and do everything i need to do like tidy up, go to post office, laundry etc. If I acitively write it off then I might have a more productive day.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, ****. I forgot the geology department seems to get locked at stupid times. I guess I can go and hang around waiting for someone to come out.

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing russian grammer since 9am :shifty: So much for arts students having an easy time of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I've been doing russian grammer since 9am :shifty: So much for arts students having an easy time of it...
    To be fair, most of your term so far sounded comparatively light. The work had to kick in somewhen! I just hope that its not the same for you as it was for me last year ie the supervisions being disorganised and all the work happening at once at the end of term.

Off to the library now :creep:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, most of your term so far sounded comparatively light. The work had to kick in somewhen! I just hope that its not the same for you as it was for me last year ie the supervisions being disorganised and all the work happening at once at the end of term.

I'll be in the Gunn Gallery in half an hour or so, after lunch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I'll be in the Gunn Gallery in half an hour or so, after lunch
    I will avoid you. Sorry - lots of work!

ReputationRep:
    I will avoid you. Sorry - lots of work!
    You mean you won't even take a break in the computer room? :eek: Blimey, you must have lots of work

ReputationRep:
    Ah, a day when I can have a proper lie-in. Joy.

And Geographers only got about an essay a week (assuming we planned out our supervision timetable well) in the first year, though that was topped up with a few projects and practicals and stats exercises and stuff.

My iPod is chocolate coated!
    :rofl: you could probably market that idea though...people buy gem-encrusted iPods after all

ReputationRep:
    i only have 1 major essay a fortnight, plus 2 small essays a week. also have translations + hours of grammar work/vocab learning though

my supervisor also informed me this morning that we're having a test at the end of term, nooooooooo

ReputationRep:

It's true, I should stop moaning; the SPSers sound like they work harder :p:

I only have one essay a fortnight, it's just the grammar work which takes up most of my time.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Its a good strategy for overnight essays.

visesh: your please have finally come to fruition. I've just escaped being warned for not multiquoting When I got the email I was worried I'd somewhen said something offensive, meanwhile I'd turned half a page of a thread blue.
    Oops!

FWIW, I've not reported you:P (and don't really mind the non-multiposting anymore as I rarely post here now...)

ReputationRep:
    You know what would be reasonably useful? A list somewhere of what college formals are like with respect to wine allowance, gown wearing, pennying-allowing etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that varisity did one once.

ReputationRep:

I don't understand how K.T. and I do the same subject and yet she always seems to have a much lighter workload Or maybe I'm just spending too long on it. I certainly don't have any of this 'one essay a fortnight' business - mine are definitely weekly. I have to rewrite one as well - it turns out that Spanish when you're falling asleep at 2 in the morning is not a good plan after all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I hate ladders :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I hate ladders :mad:
    yup. Why not just get someone to hold them, rather than all this working out whether they'll fall over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    yup. Why not just get someone to hold them, rather than all this working out whether they'll fall over?
    Exactly. I have one that is slipping over a parapet, and I keep getting the wrong angular velocity.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I have one that is slipping over a parapet, and I keep getting the wrong angular velocity.
    Gaffa tape => omega = 0

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.