Bugger, I am in trouble.
    what did you do now, uke? :p:

:hugs: shadow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Bugger, I am in trouble.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Hopes of a diet coke and mentos reaction from chewing gum and vanish oxi-action were sadly unfounded

Now, to geology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    what did you do now, uke? :p:

:hugs: shadow
    Basically I have apparently convinced my supervisor that I'm slipping behind, which is of course quite true. I've been trying to keep on top of work for literally weeks now and have failed miserably. Now I really need to have Mechanics and Maths all done for tomorrow, as I didn't finish the Maths examples paper for the supervision today (see previous post). I have only just realised just how much work that involves.

I went to Bridge tonight, it went badly. So badly that I won't bore you all with the details, save that it takes me in a particularly odd frame of mind to lead low from hand with xxxQ, xxx on table with an easy lead back onto table. Also I didn't know to rebid 1NT, which was depressing, and overbid to a ludicrous degree on a distributional 15 point hand with no support from Partner.

I have chocolate and bitter lemon, but I'm not altogether sure that it will see me through.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I'm Emma Access Officer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)

:woo:

Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    :console: ukebert. I hope it improves!

Gnargh :>.<: My head hurts so badly :bawling: I've been in the library since 4:30 just reading solidly. Latest accomplishment is 38pages from this ancient tome I unearthed from the vaults of the Whipple Library this afternoon. I had to open an account, as the SPS library didn't have it. Ironically John Dewey in his 1930s turn of phrase is a hell of a lot more intelligible than (contemporary) Rorty, who has three chapters waiting to embrace me before bedtime :banghead: I've asked for the uber-supervision to be postponed a day, because it simply wasn't possible to get all this done by tomorrow morning. I hope my supervisor's ok with that He postponed our Wednesday supervison to Saturday last week, which left us less time - so I'm hoping he'll take that into account.

(Original post by Scipio90)
    At last, a use for geology
    :rofl:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Ah, I see.

I actually had a look at the Fudge Kitchen today, is their stuff worth the ridiculous amounts they're charging for it? 14.99 for a box of 4 slices? I mean, c'mon...
    No
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    Yeah; two of them were fighting and I was unfortunate enough to be in the path of the cup of hot chocolate
    Eugh, that's disgusting! Poor you!

Congratulations Zoe :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :rofl:
    Serously. Drawing lines on maps and colour-coding them has got very hard (I'm not joking...), so throwing rocks is about the only constructive thing I can manage :p:

ReputationRep:
    General worky stressy rant.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it is your colour, it wouldn't be a post by you if it wasn't deep sky blue :p: Even if it's paraphrased... Which I apologise for, but I just feel guilty quoting a huge block of text to add a smiley at the bottom

ReputationRep:

Nice one!

I find out on Thursday whether I'm Jesus Access Officer... but I suspect my competition was a little stiff (and my speech was a little bolloxxx:p:), but I'll get involved whether I get it or not

Jesus' Access target area is Tyne and Wear see, vested interest since it benefited me hehe!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Zoe

:console: ukebert. I hope it improves!

Gnargh :>.<: My head hurts so badly :bawling: I've been in the library since 4:30 just reading solidly. Latest accomplishment is 38pages from this ancient tome I unearthed from the vaults of the Whipple Library this afternoon. I had to open an account, as the SPS library didn't have it. Ironically John Dewey in his 1930s turn of phrase is a hell of a lot more intelligible than (contemporary) Rorty, who has three chapters waiting to embrace me before bedtime :banghead: I've asked for the uber-supervision to be postponed a day, because it simply wasn't possible to get all this done by tomorrow morning. I hope my supervisor's ok with that He postponed our Wednesday supervison to Saturday last week, which left us less time - so I'm hoping he'll take that into account.
    All right, that's worse than mine :o: Hope things improve

Things aren't on this end though :s Time spent working: 1 hour. Things accomplished: 0.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    why did I say I'd do a dissertation instead of one of the myraid of relatively easier options? Havind decided to do a dissertation, why did I decide to do one on an area which doesnt seem to have a lot of literature on my *exact* field of interest? I wouldn't be surprised if I cried in my supervision tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: minimo.

Everybody seems to be having a hell of a time atm Maybe it's the weather. I hope it's the weather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilY?)
    Nice one!

I find out on Thursday whether I'm Jesus Access Officer... but I suspect my competition was a little stiff (and my speech was a little bolloxxx:p:), but I'll get involved whether I get it or not

Jesus' Access target area is Tyne and Wear see, vested interest since it benefited me hehe!:cool:
    Our target area is Essex - my competition was from Essex and I'm not, but I went to a comprehensive and he didn't so it's tit for tat really :p: I'm hoping he's still planning on helping me out with it - we made a pact that we'd both still be very involved whoever got it. My speech was awful, I have no idea how I won!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Well done Zoe!

I've just started work for the night... it may be a long one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    ^ Well done Zoe!

I've just started work for the night... it may be a long one...
    Thank you

Since I started work this afternoon I've fully covered 12 sides of A4 with Spanish and Russian grammar and I'm still not done Well, nearly done with grammar, but I need to move on to conversation prep next. I'm hoping for a nice, early 2am bedtime :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished geology. I should probably take a quick look at the final maths question before I call it a day.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Since I started work this afternoon I've fully covered 12 sides of A4 with Spanish and Russian grammar and I'm still not done Well, nearly done with grammar, but I need to move on to conversation prep next. I'm hoping for a nice, early 2am bedtime :rolleyes:
    :eek: Okay... since my last class ended at four, I've booked a hair appointment, bought Irn-Bru & cigarettes, tidied my room, put away laundry, cooked dinner, chatted with various people, & had my gf over to watch DVDs.

I'm a bad student :shifty: I spent most of Sunday in bed with chocolate as well (although I had a good reason for that!).

Still, WORK :getmecoat:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.