Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Gaffa tape => omega = 0
    Genius :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I don't understand how K.T. and I do the same subject and yet she always seems to have a much lighter workload Or maybe I'm just spending too long on it. I certainly don't have any of this 'one essay a fortnight' business - mine are definitely weekly. I have to rewrite one as well - it turns out that Spanish when you're falling asleep at 2 in the morning is not a good plan after all :rolleyes:
    Different colleges = different workloads? I don't know that for a fact, but I've heard that some colleges are giving their a.i. russianists extra texts...

Right now I've got an essay on freud for sunday, half a russian grammar sheet for friday, and a german oral to prepare for next tuesday. Is that ridiculously easy? :puppyeyes: I have to do extra grammar on top of that, due to my general rubbishness...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Different colleges = different workloads?
    I've found that different supervisors = different workloads; the amount we have in Micro compared to others is just :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any work today :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think workload is more dependent on supervisor than college.

Some people here have a maths supervisor who only asks for one question a week :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Some natscis at my college got a supervisor last year who didn't set a week 5 essays to ward of the blues. Hmph, could do with that now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I've found that different supervisors = different workloads; the amount we have in Micro compared to others is just :eek:.
    Who is your micro supervisor?

ReputationRep:
    Velocity Diagrams, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Different colleges = different workloads? I don't know that for a fact, but I've heard that some colleges are giving their a.i. russianists extra texts...

Right now I've got an essay on freud for sunday, half a russian grammar sheet for friday, and a german oral to prepare for next tuesday. Is that ridiculously easy? :puppyeyes: I have to do extra grammar on top of that, due to my general rubbishness...
    I have an essay on Lazarillo de Tormes for Sunday, two Spanish essays (short ones, but they still take ages) for next Monday, two chapters and a grammar worksheet for Spanish (Monday), preparation for my Spanish conversation class (Tuesday), preparation for my Russian conversation class (Friday) and articles to read and prepare for my Western culture seminar (Thursday). I should also have a Russian grammar sheet(Friday), but our class was cancelled today. By tomorrow evening I'll have chapters 14 and 15 of our Russian book (Monday), and whatever icky use of Russian stuff he decides to give us this week (more sentences about vodka and mushrooms I hope) (Monday). And so it continues. I feel like I just get more work and less sleep everyday
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Eyes Wide Shut)
    Who is your micro supervisor?
    Dr Kim, Pembroke College.

I suppose an advantage is that we haven't been set any essays in micro, but we have almost 4 times the amount of short questions / problems that are on the faculty supervisions. I better be off to do some of them before dinner, especially as I find micro the most difficult of the 5 papers...

How are you finding the course?

ReputationRep:
    i feel super miserable
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Why? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    It's really weird, I met up with family friends and had a decent afternoon but I'm just feeling a bit 'stupid' at the moment with regard to my work and just a bit annoyed that everything I do wherther academic or not never turns out to be good enough. It's nothing particular to this afternoon at all, just has been building up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)

I've just reminded myself what Gaussian Elimination is. Now I feel dizzy.
    Gaussian Elimination = :doh: :argh: I HATE IT!!

and the thought of having to miss both lectures on Friday isn't exactly one that fills me with glee :o:

ReputationRep:
    I really can't do velocity diagrams. Which is annoying, because I thought that I understood them. Ah well. The supervision will probably not put it right, but the next example paper, which is also on velocity diagrams might.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Gaussian Elimination = :doh: :argh: I HATE IT!!

and the thought of having to miss both lectures on Friday isn't exactly one that fills me with glee :o:
    Gaussian elimination very useful though. And you can find determinants and inverses far more easily with Gaussian elimination than with that horrible cofactor method.

ReputationRep:
    Which is Gaussian Elimination? Is that one of the methods of solving 3 simultaneous equations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Gaussian elimination very useful though. And you can find determinants and inverses far more easily with Gaussian elimination than with that horrible cofactor method.
    LOL yes I know, I was in the lecture today :rolleyes: :p: It doesn't mean I have to like it though!!

ReputationRep:
    My head hurts And I still have an essay to finish and loads of reading waiting I'm just taking a break and going to hall, and then back to work.
    (Original post by ukebert)
    You mean you won't even take a break in the computer room? Blimey, you must have lots of work
    I am utterly stuffed! Also after my lecture I went to the library to get books for the next essay due on Thursday, and they didn't have any of them!!! :eek: :eek: :eek3: I'm going to have to spend the whole day in the UL tomorrow. I guess this serves me right for crowing about how I never have to walk anywhere... :rolleyes:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I'm sure that varisity did one once.
    It would be outdated now with John's having just changed. Peterhouse changes a little bit from year to year.
    (Original post by visesh)
    FWIW, I've not reported you:P (and don't really mind the non-multiposting anymore as I rarely post here now...)
    Thanks I'm sure no one reported me. I'm sure they've had their eye on me for ages and were just passing through - the thread was pretty high profile and several mods had been in it, one to answer a report I made. And I wasn't warned so I didn't mind. I've not been warned yet, so I'd feel a bit miffed if I mucked up my goody two shoes record :p:
    (Original post by Tom)
    :rofl:
    you could probably market that idea though...people buy gem-encrusted iPods after all
    You laugh... I only just cleared all the chocolate off of my earphones to use with my laptop in the library :hmmm:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I don't understand how K.T. and I do the same subject and yet she always seems to have a much lighter workload Or maybe I'm just spending too long on it. I certainly don't have any of this 'one essay a fortnight' business - mine are definitely weekly. I have to rewrite one as well - it turns out that Spanish when you're falling asleep at 2 in the morning is not a good plan after all
    I'm afraid that's a very real truth when it comes to different colleges. Especially with regards to the Arts which tend to be less structured. Last year I was so annoyed because SPSers at Kings have organised DoSs who give them one essay a week and two for the holidays, and that's that! I had two or three - the first term being made up of three very stress full four-essays-in-8-days stretches :>.<: Newnham must simply be more organised than Emma with regards to MML :dontknow:

This computer is so slow! :mad: Right food :vroam:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    About supervision disparity, I'm running (as per my role on CUSU) a survey to establish the variance between colleges for each subject. It should be out by the end of the week and I'll let you know when it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.