Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, it's so funny seeing all the complaints about work - at least you lot don't have to compulsorily be at work from 9 to 5 every day. When I was at Trinity, I used to wake up in the afternoon and do an hour or so work at most. :o: Now even though the work is simpler, it's actually tougher.

ReputationRep:
    Eek, I just logged on to Camcors out of curiosity and have discovered that I'll be getting a report for my Western Culture seminars, which basically consists of an hour of me sleeping on Thursday evenings.
    Ditto, this could be interesting! I'm going to get such a great report for that, obviously. I was late yesterday and then didn't say anything because I hadn't finished the reading (I was late because I fell asleep DOING the reading!).

ReputationRep:
    So how many people can realistically fit into The Shop (on Jesus lane) at one time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    Ditto, this could be interesting! I'm going to get such a great report for that, obviously. I was late yesterday and then didn't say anything because I hadn't finished the reading (I was late because I fell asleep DOING the reading!).
    Doing the reading? What is this thing you speak of? :p:

I do tend to skim read. Very briefly. I prioritise work that might actually help me pass my degree though.

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone know when the university exams (for undergrads) officially start and end (or at least approximately)? i need to know for this extra curric im doing. thanks. cant find the info from googling....

ReputationRep:
    Muahahaha, I am going to spend the evening suturing chicken. I am so cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    hey does anyone know when the university exams (for undergrads) officially start and end (or at least approximately)? i need to know for this extra curric im doing. thanks. cant find the info from googling....
    They are usually at the same time each year (i.e. day/week no.) and last year's timetable can be found here: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/2007-08/special/16/

ReputationRep:
    Supervision of doom actually turned out to be a supervision of awesomeness. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    They are usually at the same time each year (i.e. day/week no.) and last year's timetable can be found here: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/2007-08/special/16/
    thanks

exams in cambridge finish so late!!!

ReputationRep:
    When in doubt, start again... (which question exactly are you working on?)

ReputationRep:
    Doing the reading? What is this thing you speak of?

I do tend to skim read. Very briefly. I prioritise work that might actually help me pass my degree though.
    Yes, there is that! Although I've always done the reading before as it was quite interesting...I'm just not having a very good week this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    Question 8 on DE4 - I'm trying to use the method in Cowley's notes, but I keep making algebraic errors......and this is where you tell me I'm doing it all wrong :o:
    Ah, DE4. I haven't started that one yet and I theoretically might have to hand it in next week... I guess I could postpone the supervision to next term...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    lol, I've just spent half an hour trying to diagonalize a matrix and I'm still to get a diagonal matrix!
    Turn the paper a bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Hehe, it's so funny seeing all the complaints about work - at least you lot don't have to compulsorily be at work from 9 to 5 every day. When I was at Trinity, I used to wake up in the afternoon and do an hour or so work at most. :o: Now even though the work is simpler, it's actually tougher.
    I would much much rather have compulsory hours.

And oh dear God. I don't want to talk about that supervision.

ReputationRep:
    And oh dear God. I don't want to talk about that supervision.
    I guess it can only get better the next time then. Sorry to hear that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Oh, I disagree. I visited friends this weekend (I should have come to see you -- I forgot, sorry!) and got reminded about how awful it is not to have proper weekends and evenings. Give me compulsory hours and no stress any day.

ReputationRep:
    Have to hand in VM3 tomorrow, started today at 5pm, fell asleep at 5.30pm. Not good .

ReputationRep:
    Youtube is awesome. Not for the squeamish: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bRq-PW5bw

ReputationRep:
    Youtube is awesome. Not for the squeamish: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bRq-PW5bw
    That looks quite fun actually. What does it mean by "incorporate a bit of the tissue" - does part of the suture go through the tissue below the skin or something?

ReputationRep:
    *wants to do medicine*

Haha, I'm gonna try that technique on my trout/rat on Friday :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.