Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    That looks quite fun actually. What does it mean by "incorporate a bit of the tissue" - does part of the suture go through the tissue below the skin or something?
    Yeah, something like that. The cut may involve deeper structures, and the whole thickness of the wound needs to be sutured to prevent a pocket forming deep to the suture and therefore leading to infection.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    People have started posting exact questions already. I really dont know why I bother sometimes.

(Original post by ukebert)
    And oh dear God. I don't want to talk about that supervision.
    :hugs: I think everyone has off days/weeks - even supervisors. Maybe the next one will be much better? I had a supervision where I basically waffled a lot of rubbish last week, and then one that I really enjoyed yesterday (we had a lovely debate about Elizabethan Catholics - yes, I am this much of a geek!! :p: ). Hopefully the same'll happen to you In some ways, I almost think that, with history at least (obviously I'd not know about engineering :p:), if you've handed in work you've found hard/think is rubbish, you have a better supervision as a result - there's much more to discuss, and I think you get more out of it than if you feel as though you fully "get" whatever the topic is (although the latter has yet to happen to me!). So don't despair

And congratulations Zoe (I've only skimmed the past few pages, so sorry for ignoring lots of you :o:).

ReputationRep:
    This V&M sheet is a lot harder than I had thought. I should have paid more attention during lectures last week! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    DE4 is proving particularly evil. I can only get one solution for Q3 for the case \gamma = 1 and the only way I can think of getting another solution is too scary to execute... I wonder if Prof. Worster is going to teach us more about series solutions, or if we're supposed to figure these out ourselves. :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    DE4 is proving particularly evil. I can only get one solution for Q3 for the case \gamma = 1 and the only way I can think of getting another solution is too scary to execute... I wonder if Prof. Worster is going to teach us more about series solutions, or if we're supposed to figure these out ourselves. :-/
    Thank god DE4 isn't due in until after the holidays at Fitz. Assuming that I finish VM3 tonight, I will have to do DE3 until Sunday, which sounds reasonable, but I have lots of other things to do until then! And then NS4 until Wednesday. But then, I'm done. Yay! :woo:

What do you think of our substitute professor in DE? I quite like him, although today's lecture was a bit weird in terms of content...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Thank god DE4 isn't due in until after the holidays at Fitz. Assuming that I finish VM3 tonight, I will have to do DE3 until Sunday, which sounds reasonable, but I have lots of other things to do until then! And then NS4 until Wednesday. But then, I'm done. Yay! :woo:

What do you think of our substitute professor in DE? I quite like him, although today's lecture was a bit weird in terms of content...
    N&S4 is full of paradoxical constructions. I had my N&S3 supervision today, and the supervisor said that we might be doing a different examples sheet instead (again).

The substitute lecturer is one of the two maths DoS at my college, actually. He supervises me for V&M.

(Original post by squeezebox)
    Wronskian? Remember you only need to find the first two terms. Unless I've done it wrong :o:
    True. But I'm uncomfortable with truncating series... Hmm. I guess I should try that. As soon as I remember how to determine y_2 in terms of W and y_1...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Oh, I disagree. I visited friends this weekend (I should have come to see you -- I forgot, sorry!) and got reminded about how awful it is not to have proper weekends and evenings. Give me compulsory hours and no stress any day.
    I agree completely. Its wonderful to *finish* work. and leave it behind and not worry about it for the whole evening/weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Righttt, if you don't have me as a FB friend, add me! I've made a TSR secret santa party group and have invited everyone who expressed interest. I've friend requested a few people who I didn't have on my Friends list but I'm sure to have missed peoples out. :p:

Please tell me by Thurs whether you will be coming for sure. I have to organise secret santa gift lists in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Can I join in remotely?

ReputationRep:
    lol, I've just spent half an hour trying to diagonalize a matrix
    Why can't you leave it be?

(Original post by visesh)
    Youtube is awesome. Not for the squeamish: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bRq-PW5bw
    That was quite entertaining. It would be cool if there were robots to do that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Can I join in remotely?
    sure

*sends invite*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Righttt, if you don't have me as a FB friend, add me! I've made a TSR secret santa party group and have invited everyone who expressed interest. I've friend requested a few people who I didn't have on my Friends list but I'm sure to have missed peoples out. :p:

Please tell me by Thurs whether you will be coming for sure. I have to organise secret santa gift lists in advance!
    As mentioned on fb, I will be late, but there... probs about 8.30/9pm?

I'll bring something festive to make up for my tardiness, promise :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    As mentioned on fb, I will be late, but there... probs about 8.30/9pm?

I'll bring something festive to make up for my tardiness, promise :puppyeyes:
    do the make Christmassy red Irrrrrrn Bruuuuuuuuu?

thanks for the rep btw :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    do the make Christmassy red Irrrrrrn Bruuuuuuuuu?

thanks for the rep btw :hugs:
    No probs But no, I don't think they do... & I don't think I'm going to risk adding yet more food colouring to the drink...
    I was thinking mince pies?

(at first I was like, OMG, how does she know I'm drinking Irn-Bru?! Then I realised, I'm always drinking it... even at 10 to midnight...)

ReputationRep:
    But its determinant was non singular
    Then don't you think it was miserable enough already without you trying to force it to conform to an idealised image?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    No probs But no, I don't think they do... & I don't think I'm going to risk adding yet more food colouring to the drink...
    I was thinking mince pies?

(at first I was like, OMG, how does she know I'm drinking Irn-Bru?! Then I realised, I'm always drinking it... even at 10 to midnight...)
    Probably a very stupid question, but is Irn-Bru supposed to mean "Iron Brew", suggesting a very strong beverage :confused: ? Or does it have some other, totally unrelated meaning to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Probably a very stupid question, but is Irn-Bru supposed to mean "Iron Brew", suggesting a very strong beverage :confused: ? Or does it have some other, totally unrelated meaning to it?
    'tis rumoured that it was originally "brewed" from "Iron Girrrrders [correct Scottish pronounciation]", hence the name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Probably a very stupid question, but is Irn-Bru supposed to mean "Iron Brew", suggesting a very strong beverage
    More or less. It's just a soft drink like coke though, not alcoholic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Then don't you think it was miserable enough already without you trying to force it to conform to an idealised image?
    I suppose our supervisors wouldn't think that "I refuse to diagonalise this matrix because it has a right to be non-diagonal" was a very good answer to the question, though .

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.