Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to secret santa but i won't join the facebook group cos it's too public :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is it not a secret group?

ReputationRep:
    I want some cherry tomatoes, our plant at home was just coming into fruit as I left
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have 23 hours before I need to hand my essay in. 11 of those will be sleep, 5 of those will be my mother visiting/trying on wedding dresses, 3.5 for a table tennis match. That gives me 4.5 hours in which to write an essay, and those 4.5 hours are not in one block. I should probably eat in there somewhere too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I'm definitely going to secret santa but i won't join the facebook group cos it's too public :p:
    it's a secret group, no-one but the invitees can see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I have 23 hours before I need to hand my essay in. 11 of those will be sleep, 5 of those will be my mother visiting/trying on wedding dresses, 3.5 for a table tennis match. That gives me 4.5 hours in which to write an essay, and those 4.5 hours are not in one block. I should probably eat in there somewhere too.
    Yikes!

I have mine due in at the same time, and I overslept :>.<: Library time!

ReputationRep:
    So glad I've only got one essay left to do this term, and I've already done all the reading for it (immense amounts of reading, btw!). I'm having a relaxed day today - apart from my two hours of Sociology this afternoon - and I'm gonna try and catch up with lecture notes with the rest of my next week here . And then I can be all ready to stop work at 8pm next Wednesday and have a relaxing three days in Cambridge before I go home.

I'm so looking forward to the Snowball next week too And Christmas formal on Monday, sposed to be the best formal of term! YAY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    So glad I've only got one essay left to do this term, and I've already done all the reading for it (immense amounts of reading, btw!). I'm having a relaxed day today - apart from my two hours of Sociology this afternoon - and I'm gonna try and catch up with lecture notes with the rest of my next week here . And then I can be all ready to stop work at 8pm next Wednesday and have a relaxing three days in Cambridge before I go home.

I'm so looking forward to the Snowball next week too And Christmas formal on Monday, sposed to be the best formal of term! YAY!
    That's amazing :five:
    I had like.. two essays leftover at the end of Michaelmas last year - but that's because I fell ill and missed a week.

I'm looking forward to Christmas formal too :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    That's amazing :five:
    I had like.. two essays leftover at the end of Michaelmas last year - but that's because I fell ill and missed a week.

I'm looking forward to Christmas formal too :cool:
    I know, it's excellent! I'm really gonna enjoy this last week here!

Aww poor you :console:.

Do all colleges have Christmas formal? I've heard the formals really differ across different colleges... I still haven't been to another college's formal yet, though (hint hint :p:)

Btw, does anyone have any idea what 'Filo Pastry Wellington' would consist of? It's the veggie option for the Christmas dinner, and usually contains beef, so what could replace it? :confused: And btw, are mince pies only a British thing?

ReputationRep:
    Lol you can come to ours if you like - its £16 though, and black tie.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to come to a Peterhouse formal Expensive, though :eek: And black tie meaning tux and bow tie or just a suit?

ReputationRep:
    Off to run some errands and then study. I'm back to feeling confident about my work

ReputationRep:

All right for some :dry:

Only joking Well done for apparently working considerably more efficiently than me :p:

*sneaks in* Black Tie, eh? Have I missed the email about that or will it come later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    All right for some :dry:

Only joking Well done for apparently working considerably more efficiently than me :p:
    I do a doss subject. That's why. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I do a doss subject. That's why. :p:
    :hmmm:

*cough* lecture-misser *cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    :hmmm:

*cough* lecture-misser *cough*
    :eek: You noticed I wasn't there? None of the Selwyn people were, we all wanted to get Xmas Formal tickets

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You noticed I wasn't there? None of the Selwyn people were, we all wanted to get Xmas Formal tickets
    There were about 15 people at politics today, about 2 of whom were paying attention (not inc. me. I was sleeping)

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to come to a Peterhouse formal Expensive, though :eek: And black tie meaning tux and bow tie or just a suit?
    The former. Could you put a cheque in my pigeon hole? And is the 3rd alright for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    *sneaks in* Black Tie, eh? Have I missed the email about that or will it come later?
    Its a superhall, not a formal. All of our superhalls are black tie. (and by superhall I don't mean 'special formal')

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.