Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god

It is week 8.
    :woo:

I want this term to be over now.

This makes me sad.

ReputationRep:
    Argh!
    Worked from 2pm to 6:30. Ate dinner. Worked from 7pm to 9pm. Got caffeine and discussed essay plan with friend till 10pm. Worked till midnight. Imbibed more caffeine and talked to housemate till about 1am. Worked through to 6:30am. Took a nap till 7am. Woke up and decided I couldn't see my laptop straight. Took a longer nap till 9:30, have now woken and written another line. I'm over the 2000word mark but need another 500 very good words. The 'easy' bit is done, and this is the most important part and ideally the essay would have been sent in 10mins :bawling:

I feel physically ill but I really have no choice (first draft for assessed essay NOT supervision essay, the latter of which I still have two)

EDIT: First years do not try this at home! (:rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    Seriously Craggy, I still don't understand how and why you do this to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    minimo: christmas party is clearly out of the picture at this point.
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Huh? Didn't they do that last year? I spent a month or so when I kept forgetting to get an ethernet cable using the library wireless to connect from my room.
    Sure you weren't using Lapwing? You were close enough to the gradpad after all. Currently you can't get Lapwing in the library.. well you can but only on the far left in the tucked away study niches. I can get Lapwing in my current room in Fitz, though, because its an attic room.
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Seriously Craggy, I still don't understand how and why you do this to yourself.
    Because the original deadline for this draft was Tuesday morning, and I emailed my supervisor (who is also the course director and my favourite lecturer) to say there was no way I'd manage it then, and he rescheduled yesterday's supervision for tomorrow afternoon.. and the final version is due one week from now and worth 25% of one of my papers.

And it took ages to read and write for because its philosophy, and a bit of an adjustment! But thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Time for lunch, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had breakfast.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Me neither. I submitted my 1063 words at 830 am, and have just woken up from that, so I can leave for my supervision in ten minutes

ReputationRep:
    I rarely have breakfast I intended to get up for it this morning because I was craving yoghurt/fried bread but completely failed so had a hurried bag of hula hoops in my room before I went to translation. I just had a mammoth lunch to make up for it though

I appear to have lost a folder and a lot of important notes. This may be a signal that I should clean my room for once. Although it doesn't really seem worth it, because the finding of the folder would mean I'd have to read Kant and Luther for this afternoon's seminar, and it always feels like such a waste of my life

ReputationRep:
    I want to go home tomorrow, but I keep thinking that it is silly as there is only a week left...I just miss home

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go home I'm staying until the 10th, as are a fair number of my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I appear to have lost a folder and a lot of important notes. This may be a signal that I should clean my room for once. Although it doesn't really seem worth it, because the finding of the folder would mean I'd have to read Kant and Luther for this afternoon's seminar, and it always feels like such a waste of my life
    :eek: The 'thought' part of my german course (Kant, Freud, Marx, Habermas) is my favourite part of the degree so far... I was saddened when my seminar got cancelled this week

Why don't you like it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I want to go home tomorrow, but I keep thinking that it is silly as there is only a week left...I just miss home
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    :eek: The 'thought' part of my german course (Kant, Freud, Marx, Habermas)is my favourite part of the degree so far... I was saddened when my seminar got cancelled this week

Why don't you like it?
    It's not actually part of my course, it's a Western Culture seminar thing that we have to go to every fortnight. I don't like it because the reading takes up a lot of time and the seminars consist of three very intelligent people from Jesus monopolising the talking while the rest of us fall asleep. I don't find the way it's presented very interesting, and although philosophy interests me, for some reason these sessions don't in the slightest, and I feel like my time could be better spent doing work I'm actually assessed on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    :eek: The 'thought' part of my german course (Kant, Freud, Marx, Habermas)is my favourite part of the degree so far... I was saddened when my seminar got cancelled this week

Why don't you like it?
    i dont understand why i dont have these seminar things too.... maybe its because i do arabic. i'd better ask really.

well on other news ive been cindied 2 nights in a row and am now enjoying a day of no lectures of supervisions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I haven't had breakfast.
    Then go back and start your day again :p:

edit: I just read the page previous to this one. I guess that's not an option

edit2: also I just saw the "neeks" thread. Now I understand the user-title. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I don't find the way it's presented very interesting, and although philosophy interests me, for some reason these sessions don't in the slightest, and I feel like my time could be better spent doing work I'm actually assessed on.
    I probably shouldn't say this to a conscientious first-year but.... then don't go to them :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    I probably shouldn't say this to a conscientious first-year but.... then don't go to them :p:
    Well I wouldn't, but a couple of weeks ago there was an issue with timetabling and the guy who runs them thought my friend and I had skipped one, and emailed us and our DoS and said that we'd have to pay for any sessions we'd missed out of our own pocket, I think probably because college pays extra for them So I have to go and continue sleeping all the way through them.

(Me, conscientious? :p:)

lavalse - they're specially organised by college, I think it's up to your college whether you do them or not. I know not every MMLer does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    i dont understand why i dont have these seminar things too.... maybe its because i do arabic. i'd better ask really.
    The seminars I attend are just for 1st year MMLers in Newnham, so maybe your college doesn't offer them?

Tbh, I think I'm the only one who finds them directly useful for my course, or at all interesting for that matter... but hey :o:

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't, but a couple of weeks ago there was an issue with timetabling and the guy who runs them thought my friend and I had skipped one, and emailed us and our DoS and said that we'd have to pay for any sessions we'd missed out of our own pocket, I think probably because college pays extra for them So I have to go and continue sleeping all the way through them.
    That's ridiculous :eek: I'd say skip 'em anyway and just laugh at whoever's running them if they try to pressure college into sending you a bill. So long as your supervisors for your assessed modules are happy with your work I can't see the college having much grounds to stir trouble over your attendance or attainment.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, page 100 already.

Hmm, anyone going to the union tonight? It looks like a sort of interesting but needlessly argument-inducing topic.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.