Swedish course requirements for Oxford

Watch this thread
Solen’ya
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Wondering about how strict the international course requirements are. I want to study mathematics and it says that you need an A in chemistry, physics and mathematics as well as at least 2 A:s in either chemistry 2, physics 2 or biology 2. I got a B in chemistry 1, but I’ve got A in everything else, including chemistry 2, further mathematics and further mathematics+. Does my B in chemistry 1 mean I can’t apply?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
See https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/grad...qualifications for International qualifications info.
wannagotooxford
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
if you really have your heart set on oxford i would say it is definitely worth at least trying to apply. while your chances of getting an interview may be slightly diminished, it is also true that if you do well in the interview and exam you absolutely have a shot! with that being said, definitely have atleast one safe choice among your university applications as well. heres a video i found helpful if you need any more help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zNKCL9bhAY
Solen’ya
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by wannagotooxford)
if you really have your heart set on oxford i would say it is definitely worth at least trying to apply. while your chances of getting an interview may be slightly diminished, it is also true that if you do well in the interview and exam you absolutely have a shot! with that being said, definitely have atleast one safe choice among your university applications as well. heres a video i found helpful if you need any more help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zNKCL9bhAY
Okay thanks!
RichE
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Solen’ya)
Wondering about how strict the international course requirements are. I want to study mathematics and it says that you need an A in chemistry, physics and mathematics as well as at least 2 A:s in either chemistry 2, physics 2 or biology 2. I got a B in chemistry 1, but I’ve got A in everything else, including chemistry 2, further mathematics and further mathematics+. Does my B in chemistry 1 mean I can’t apply?
I'd suggest writing to the department:

[email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads