What degrees are good for working remotely

Watch this thread
lockets
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I do humanities/social science a-levels so computer science etc. is not an option for me. What’s some degrees that are open for working abroad/remotely (not law, architecture etc.)? Thanks
Ellie_thomas
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lockets)
I do humanities/social science a-levels so computer science etc. is not an option for me. What’s some degrees that are open for working abroad/remotely (not law, architecture etc.)? Thanks
Ok, so computer/techy stuff does make up a lot of the remote jobs, but there's still quite a variety.

Content creation is a big market. Think brand managers/influencers etc. So you'd need business/marketing/digital skills.

A friend of mine works remotely in translation (but that's only really an option if you speak 2+ languages). Another friend does customer service for an online brand.

Teaching is a possibility, especially if you're interested in travel. I did my degree in Geography (so also Humanities!) and I'm currently teaching English in South Korea, and I'm looking to move onto another country as well as do some teaching online. I've got friends who have done some teaching online as well (remote work), but you should know it's hard to make a monthly wage off this, it's not necessarily consistent money.

I've also done work in the travel industry (Spain, Greece, Italy), but you don't really need a degree for that.
HousesInCork
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Lots of jobs with remote working don't require specific degree subjects at undergrad, just a good degree. I know people with humanities degrees, social science degrees, language degrees, business and marketing degrees etc. who have all done remote working at various points across different fields.
What kind of subject would you like to study? What field(s) appeal(s) to you? What kind of remote work would you like to be doing (research, social media, teaching/mentoring, data analysis, outreach, administration, cataloguing, production, etc.)? Work from there to see what remote working jobs or options exist within your existing interests/skillset.
lockets
Rep:
(Original post by Ellie_thomas)
Ok, so computer/techy stuff does make up a lot of the remote jobs, but there's still quite a variety.

Content creation is a big market. Think brand managers/influencers etc. So you'd need business/marketing/digital skills.

A friend of mine works remotely in translation (but that's only really an option if you speak 2+ languages). Another friend does customer service for an online brand.

Teaching is a possibility, especially if you're interested in travel. I did my degree in Geography (so also Humanities!) and I'm currently teaching English in South Korea, and I'm looking to move onto another country as well as do some teaching online. I've got friends who have done some teaching online as well (remote work), but you should know it's hard to make a monthly wage off this, it's not necessarily consistent money.

I've also done work in the travel industry (Spain, Greece, Italy), but you don't really need a degree for that.
Thank you for your help!
lockets
Rep:
(Original post by HousesInCork)
Lots of jobs with remote working don't require specific degree subjects at undergrad, just a good degree. I know people with humanities degrees, social science degrees, language degrees, business and marketing degrees etc. who have all done remote working at various points across different fields.
What kind of subject would you like to study? What field(s) appeal(s) to you? What kind of remote work would you like to be doing (research, social media, teaching/mentoring, data analysis, outreach, administration, cataloguing, production, etc.)? Work from there to see what remote working jobs or options exist within your existing interests/skillset.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
67.65%
In the post (4)
3.92%
Text (14)
13.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.71%

Watched Threads