Anyone doing a nursing degree part time?

Watch this thread
Lornies
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I'm looking to possibly doing a nursing degree part time at Portsmouth University next year.

I'll be 44 years old next year with school age children and have multiple Sclerosis so I won't manage full time.

How is it? I need to know if I'll cope!

Thanks for any replies :-)
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lornies)
Hi
I'm looking to possibly doing a nursing degree part time at Portsmouth University next year.

I'll be 44 years old next year with school age children and have multiple Sclerosis so I won't manage full time.

Hi there.

Tracey_W Emily_B or moonkatt could provide some advice.

Best wishes.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi

Hi! Lornies

It's great you're thinking about studying nursing at Portsmouth!

I'm sorry I don't study your course, but I can point you in the right direction for the best advice for you.
I would contact [email protected] about any questions about the course specifically.
Also, [email protected] who are the Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre and will be able to answer any concerns about studying with multiple sclerosis and will be able to support you in your study.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi! Lornies

It's great you're thinking about studying nursing at Portsmouth!

I'm sorry I don't study your course, but I can point you in the right direction for the best advice for you.
I would contact [email protected] about any questions about the course specifically.
Also, [email protected] who are the Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre and will be able to answer any concerns about studying with multiple sclerosis and will be able to support you in your study.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
I'm wandering how much time could lornies lose in non attendance for the university studies plus the placements themselves as difficult sometimes to make up any lost time through absenteeism.
NMC wouldn't give her the registration/ pin without completion of every hour that will be required to complete.

It's a full hands on course is nursing, it can be stressful at times dealing with situations out with your own control like bereavement while on shift. Angry patients and relatives.

Coping with nightshifts, dayshifts and weekends working as well as the long hours she'll be working on any hospital placements as could be doing say a 13 hours shift or split shifts of 8 hours per day as each hospital trust has its own working pattern's.

I will give the OP the credit where it's due in wanting to give it a go but she'll have to be committed in doing it.

A NHS registered midwife.

Hi

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads