Second degree funding- any ideas?

Watch this thread
vetphys1
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I've got a BSc honours degree in veterinary physiotherapy which i qualified 5 years ago.

I'm now wanting to change careers and do a Vet Nursing degree. Is there anywhere i'd be able to get funding? Being the industry that it is i can find NO information or guidance on this!
Last edited by vetphys1; 1 month ago
RambleAmple
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You get a student maintenance loan but not a tuition fee, so I guess that may or may not help depending how much you’re entitled to. Otherwise no, unfortunately there isn’t really much help for funding a second degree as far as I’m aware, just working/saving, potentially looking into bursaries or scholarships etc but not sure how helpful that is. But for vet nursing I believe you don’t have to go to uni and you can do it at a college/apprenticeship?
vetphys1
Rep:
(Original post by RambleAmple)
You get a student maintenance loan but not a tuition fee, so I guess that may or may not help depending how much you’re entitled to. Otherwise no, unfortunately there isn’t really much help for funding a second degree as far as I’m aware, just working/saving, potentially looking into bursaries or scholarships etc but not sure how helpful that is. But for vet nursing I believe you don’t have to go to uni and you can do it at a college/apprenticeship?
Thanks! There's the FdSc (foundation degree) in vet nursing and the full BSc which are the only ones i believe are accepted in a clinic. The diplomas are stepping stones to the degrees

Thank you for your help, i'll have a look at scholars, i may also contact RCVS/ RVC and see if they have advice.
Last edited by vetphys1; 1 month ago
Nessie162
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vetphys1)
Thanks! There's the FdSc (foundation degree) in vet nursing and the full BSc which are the only ones i believe are accepted in a clinic. The diplomas are stepping stones to the degrees

Thank you for your help, i'll have a look at scholars, i may also contact RCVS/ RVC and see if they have advice.
Level 3 diplomas are sufficient and accepted by the RCVS if you want to work as a vet nurse. You definitely don't need a degree.
https://animalowners.rcvs.org.uk/vet...aining-routes/
vetphys1
Rep:
(Original post by Nessie162)
Level 3 diplomas are sufficient and accepted by the RCVS if you want to work as a vet nurse. You definitely don't need a degree.
https://animalowners.rcvs.org.uk/vet...aining-routes/
Amazing thank you! An RVN told me otherwise so i just believed them... i'll look at the Lvl 3 route, thanks again!
Nessie162
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vetphys1)
Amazing thank you! An RVN told me otherwise so i just believed them... i'll look at the Lvl 3 route, thanks again!
No problem, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
32%
Take a gap year (6)
24%
Resit my exams (6)
24%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12%
I don't know yet (1)
4%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4%

Watched Threads