carey0813
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to study physiotherapy in university and I am hesitating whether i should take alevel PE. Do I have to be super good at the sport for the practical and do i have to spend a lot of time in that particular choice? Also do i have to go out to participate in competitions? I do realise the theory part really helps if i study physiotherapy in future. May I have some advices? Thanks
Lauracarter123
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by carey0813)
I want to study physiotherapy in university and I am hesitating whether i should take alevel PE. Do I have to be super good at the sport for the practical and do i have to spend a lot of time in that particular choice? Also do i have to go out to participate in competitions? I do realise the theory part really helps if i study physiotherapy in future. May I have some advices? Thanks
I can't speak much for A Level PE as a subject itself, but in terms of applying for Physiotherapy, an A Level in PE would only particularly be useful if you dont plan to take A Level Biology. And you'd probably be better off with Biology rather than PE (it's the biology content such as knowing a little about the musculoskeletal system etc.) that Uni's seem to want for studying Physiotherapy.
SB44336
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi

I study Physiotherapy.. I did both A level PE and biology
You only need either one with biology being the main subject in my opinion.. however PE does help especially with biomechanics

With A level PE and being sporty... the practical element is only 15% with the other 15% being the coursework.. I did rock climbing for my sport and i am not particularly that sporty.

any other questions just ask !!
dinkybubboi
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi!

I did A level Sport and A level Biology and am going to study Physiotherapy in September. Sport really helps to understand the physiology and biomechanics of the body and you'll study them in depth, depending on which components you do. It's accepted by some universities as well ,I believe, with them requiring biology and/or PE. With PE, you will focus purely on humans however with biology it will cover every single living organism pretty much. I can't say for certain how well it helps as I'm yet to start but learning the anatomy and physiology through A level will definitely help in modules in physiotherapy.

Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.41%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (69)
54.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.94%

Watched Threads