I’m scared to see my teacher in results as I’ve failed her.

Watch this thread
Lost Kid
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think I failed English😢 I’ve been praying (only thing I can do) and you’ve probably seen me cry about it for the last few days in this forum, but everyday something that makes me even more depressed about it pops up and I just can’t get over it.

I had the best teacher for English I could have asked for. Everyone knows her as one of the best in my school and I completely agree. She massively improved my grades from 2s to 6s and 7s in one year, but unfortunately I had to have the worst days of my lifes in both my language papers in the REAL gcses and mess up nearly every question😢. On results day I will try my best to avoid eye contact with my teacher, but I have this image of her, in fact, being the first teacher I encounter when I get to school to get my results. It’ll be so awkward as she would have probably already known by then how much of a failure I am and I wonder if she will even consider greeting me. She will always remember me as one the few students who failed her subject😢. I hate this because I had a good relationship with her, and she always showed me that that she saw some kind of potential from me from the start.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lost Kid)
I think I failed English😢 I’ve been praying (only thing I can do) and you’ve probably seen me cry about it for the last few days in this forum, but everyday something that makes me even more depressed about it pops up and I just can’t get over it.

I had the best teacher for English I could have asked for. Everyone knows her as one of the best in my school and I completely agree. She massively improved my grades from 2s to 6s and 7s in one year, but unfortunately I had to have the worst days of my lifes in both my language papers in the REAL gcses and mess up nearly every question😢. On results day I will try my best to avoid eye contact with my teacher, but I have this image of her, in fact, being the first teacher I encounter when I get to school to get my results. It’ll be so awkward as she would have probably already known by then how much of a failure I am and I wonder if she will even consider greeting me. She will always remember me as one the few students who failed her subject😢. I hate this because I had a good relationship with her, and she always showed me that that she saw some kind of potential from me from the start.
Hi there.

Sorry to hear this. Teachers understand that things can go wrong on the actual exam day due to exam stress or personal circumstances. You're certainly not a failure if you don't do well in an exam and you have the chance to resit if you don't pass (worst case scenario). Perhaps stay in touch with her, by asking her for an email address etc, as you seem to be close. I think she'd want you to succeed in life and would be very pleased when you do achieve a good grade in English.

Whatever happens on results day, you can still resit your English (if needs be) and make her proud.

Hope this makes sense.
Take care and best wishes.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
Harrysja
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

My results day is in august and I will open my results at home, if your teacher asks what you got just tell her that you will email her the results when you feel comfortable. I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable opening my results at school because there can be an element of embarrassment if you don’t get the grade you wanted
Lost Kid
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Harrysja)
My results day is in august and I will open my results at home, if your teacher asks what you got just tell her that you will email her the results when you feel comfortable. I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable opening my results at school because there can be an element of embarrassment if you don’t get the grade you wanted
The teachers apparently know before you do, so as you get to school they may hint at what you got. Even if they don’t by then they will have to know at some point tbh
Last edited by Lost Kid; 1 month ago
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Your teacher will probably know your grade before you do. If you are right about your results and are right about the kind of teacher she is, then I guarantee she will be disappointed for you she will not be disappointed in you. She won't want to avoid you, I'm sure she'll want to offer some words of encouragement to you for whatever you are doing next.
Harrysja
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The teachers apparently know before you do, so as you get to school they may hint at what you got. Even if they don’t by then they will have to know at some point tbh
English is a tough one to be confident in as you could fail or you could get a grade 9
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads