Maintenance loan lower than expected

Watch this thread
Junz099
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I applied for sfe and had problems with applying however I got there in the end.i submitted my dad's evidence at the start of June and today I got an email saying that I have got my entitlement. However when I go to check on the Gov website it says that I am getting the minimum amount of 3.5k something like that. I thought I was getting the full maintenance loan.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Normally you will be initially assessed for the minimum amount to ensure something is in place before you start your course. They will continue assessing the evidence from your dad and will update the loan amount to the higher means tested value if you are eligible and communicate this to you with an update letter in due course. Note that it takes 6-8 weeks for them to process evidence so if you only submitted it earlier this month it's quite likely they haven't finished assessing it.
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Junz099)
Hi,
I applied for sfe and had problems with applying however I got there in the end.i submitted my dad's evidence at the start of June and today I got an email saying that I have got my entitlement. However when I go to check on the Gov website it says that I am getting the minimum amount of 3.5k something like that. I thought I was getting the full maintenance loan.
Hi there,

We'd suggest sending us a live chat (from 9:00am to 5:30pm) or secure message (from 10:00am to 3:30pm) on your account. One of our team can then check this.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (70)
67.96%
In the post (4)
3.88%
Text (14)
13.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.56%

Watched Threads