Visa application confusion

Watch this thread
Random#4
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, for the visa application, one of the questions was:

You must have been granted a visa or permission to stay after meeting the language requirement at level B1 or above. For example:
1. scored level B1, B2, C1 or C2 on an approved English language test which assessed your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
2. have a degree which was taught in English have an English GCSE, A level or Scottish National 4 or 5, Higher, or Advanced Higher qualification
3.if you were a student, your sponsor confirmed on your CAS that you met the required level

I selected 'Yes' for this but, did I select the wrong answer here?

A friend of mine said he previously selected Yes and received his passport but another one said it should be No.

Can someone kindly tell me if it's wrong or right?

Also, if it is wrong, is there anything I can do now? my appointment is next week so I know I can't change it
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Random#4)
I selected 'Yes' for this but, did I select the wrong answer here?
How could anyone on here know whether you meet the requirements listed? Your two friends may have legitimately answered differently, given that they may have passed different tests or may hold different qualifications.

1. Have you taken an approved English language test which assessed your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills? If you have, what did you score? If you have taken such a test, and you scored B1, B2, C1 or C2, then the correct answer to the question is "Yes".

2. If the answer to the above question was "No", then do you have any of the qualifications listed? (That is, do you "have a degree which was taught in English have an English GCSE, A level or Scottish National 4 or 5, Higher, or Advanced Higher qualification"?) If you have, then the correct answer to the question is "Yes".

3. If the answer to both of the above questions was "No", then do you have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies letter which confirms that you meet the required level in English? If so, then the correct answer to the question is "Yes".

In any other scenario, the correct answer to the question is "No".
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer to guarantee that you will be issued a visa, only a truthful answer that reflects your specific circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads