lower UCAS applications

Watch this thread
needhelp1010
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone have any links that I could do to get a lower Ucas application offer for any university in the UK. for example they will accept AAB instead of AAA for dentistry
because I don't live in a good area and I also didn't go to a good high school
Last edited by needhelp1010; 1 month ago
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You can check the university sites for there requirements for contextual offers which usually offer lower grades. The requirements are different for each uni though.
bea_murray0
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by needhelp1010)
does anyone have any links that I could do to get a lower Ucas application offer for any university in the UK. for example they will accept AAB instead of AAA
If you hvae contexula/WP flags (differs between unis but most consider POLAR 4 quintile, free school meals, being in care, some will consider the school's attainment too) some unis will give a lower offer. Do some research into courses and unis you like and see what their WP criteria are.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
does anyone have any links that I could do to get a lower Ucas application offer for any university in the UK. for example they will accept AAB instead of AAA
There isnt a list and contextual conditions are different dependent on the university. Some base it on post codes, others schooling. Most probably all offer lower grades for school leavers. Some use 1 flag other universities 2. You will need to check each university's entry requirements which will give you more information about their contextual coditiond but most leading universities make some form of contextual offer scheme.

This might help you from Bristol
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/unde...extual-offers/
needhelp1010
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
There isnt a list and contextual conditions are different dependent on the university. Some base it on post codes, others schooling. Most probably all offer lower grades for school leavers. Some use 1 flag other universities 2. You will need to check each university's entry requirements which will give you more information about their contextual coditiond but most leading universities make some form of contextual offer scheme.

This might help you from Bristol
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/unde...extual-offers/
thank you and but am I too late to check because my application is due in for October the 15th
needhelp1010
Rep:
thank you I will definitely check!!
(Original post by bea_murray0)
If you hvae contexula/WP flags (differs between unis but most consider POLAR 4 quintile, free school meals, being in care, some will consider the school's attainment too) some unis will give a lower offer. Do some research into courses and unis you like and see what their WP criteria are.
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
thank you and but am I too late to check because my application is due in for October the 15th
That gives you ample time to check websites and even email if necessary. That is nearly 3 months away.
needhelp1010
Rep:
thank you so much I just hope I get accepted because my only problem is I don't have the GCSE requirements so I thought it may help.
(Original post by swanseajack1)
That gives you ample time to check websites and even email if necessary. That is nearly 3 months away.
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
thank you so much I just hope I get accepted because my only problem is I don't have the GCSE requirements so I thought it may help.
Contextual offers dont usually apply to GCSE requirements. The GCSE requirement usually only apply to English Language or Maths and if you dont meet them you need to re sit. If you dont meet a GCSE requirement it is automatic rejection.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't have the GCSE requirements so I thought it may help.
If you dont meet the GCSE requirements you will get an immediate rejection - this is not lowered for a Contextual offer.

However - IF you meet the eligibility criiteria, there is a Foundation style Year 0 course called 'Gateway to Dentistry' course at Bristol.
This is only open to those who meet very specific widening-participation criteria, so check it carefully.
Successful completion of the Gateway year gives you automatic entry to the main Dentistry degree at Bristol,
Bristol - https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/unde...-to-dentistry/
needhelp1010
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
If you dont meet the GCSE requirements you will get an immediate rejection - this is not lowered for a Contextual offer.

However - IF you meet the eligibility criiteria, there is a Foundation style Year 0 course called 'Gateway to Dentistry' course at Bristol.
This is only open to those who meet very specific widening-participation criteria, so check it carefully.
Successful completion of the Gateway year gives you automatic entry to the main Dentistry degree at Bristol,
Bristol - https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/unde...-to-dentistry/
thank you so much for your help, obviously due to covid we didn't get proper GCSEs to do plus during covid times I had a lot going on and I had really rough times. if I mention this on my ucas application do you think they will still give me a straight rejection to my gases.
Last edited by needhelp1010; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads