should I accept the job?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for a part time job and was offered it. I am grateful as I have been searching for three months now. However, the pay is equivalent to how much it costs for me to travel

My mum had a go at me for the pay and said I was being taking advantage of- I am being payed the minimum wage for my age. I told her they are paying me minimum wage and I have no experience.
I haven't told her yet. What should I do?
HardlyHuman
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
if the pay is equivalent to how much it costs for me to travel, then surely it is better to find a job closer, or cheaper transport. To be honest I do agree with your mother, sure you may have no experience but you should try and negotiate for a higher pay - more often than not employers need employees more than the employees need the pay.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Jobs are really hard to come by these days but it simply wouldn't be worth it if your pay is the equivalent to how much you'd spend on travel. Keep looking and try and find something a bit closer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
29.79%
Take a gap year (12)
25.53%
Resit my exams (8)
17.02%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
12.77%
I don't know yet (4)
8.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads