AEA Maths 2022 Discussion

Watch this thread
s.emreik
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How did everyone find it? What do you reckon the grade boundries would be? I feel hopeless to get a distiniction. probably will get around 50-55.
TypicalNerd
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It was tough. I didn’t manage to get all of the questions and I am aware of points where I have definitely lost marks, but the AEA isn’t meant to be easy, so I expected this.

It’s really hard to predict where the grade boundaries will lie, seeing as Edexcel doesn’t seem to care too much about the AEA (so we can’t be sure they’ll take the same considerations for grading it as they would with their other qualifications).

I for one am not terribly sure how many marks I got and I’m content to just wait and see.
Last edited by TypicalNerd; 1 month ago
s.emreik
Rep:
What're you aiming for? And yr12 or yr13?

(Original post by TypicalNerd)
It was tough. I didn’t manage to get all of the questions and I am aware of points where I have definitely lost marks, but the AEA isn’t meant to be easy, so I expected this.

It’s really hard to predict where the grade boundaries will lie, seeing as Edexcel doesn’t seem to care too much about the AEA (so we can’t be sure they’ll take the same considerations for grading it as they would with their other qualifications).

I for one am not terribly sure how many marks I got and I’m content to just wait and see.
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I found question 3 and 4 to be the hardest.
TypicalNerd
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by s.emreik)
What're you aiming for? And yr12 or yr13?
Year 13.

Either a merit or a distinction. I’d prefer a distinction, but as it’s rather unlikely I’ll get one, I’ll be happy with a merit.
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got y=3/4x+5
And y=7/24x-26/something
For 7c
Anything similar guys?
username1905
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What was the answer for 6c
TypicalNerd
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by superharrydude09)
I got y=3/4x+5
And y=7/24x-26/something
For 7c
Anything similar guys?
I checked on desmos. The first one looks correct, but idk about the second.

I know I got the y-intercepts wrong, but the gradients I got right.
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username1905)
What was the answer for 6c
I got 8 for the length as n-> infinity
username1905
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nice I got that too
s.emreik
Rep:
(Original post by username1905)
Nice I got that too
I remember it to be 20. was it something else?

username1905
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I remember it to be 20. was it something else?
It was the question with the length of line made of trapeziums and more specifically the one with n going to infinity
s.emreik
Rep:
Great!
ryanfok8
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do you guys think the old syllabus is much easier than the new one?
TypicalNerd
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ryanfok8)
Do you guys think the old syllabus is much easier than the new one?
I’d say it’s easier, but not crazily so, but that’s only due to the lack of applied maths and (new-style) vector questions.
s.emreik
Rep:
how would a merit in yr12 be looked upon by oxbridge engineering?
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When do the boundaries get released?
username1905
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When do the boundaries get released?
I think when we get our results on the 18th August. But I am not 100% sure
TypicalNerd
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how would a merit in yr12 be looked upon by oxbridge engineering?
They’d see it really positively I reckon.

Ofc a distinction is better for a competitive advantage, but I reckon a merit earned in year 12 is still a sign of academic promise, which is what Oxbridge looks for.
s.emreik
Rep:
what offers do you have?
(Original post by TypicalNerd)
They’d see it really positively I reckon.

Ofc a distinction is better for a competitive advantage, but I reckon a merit earned in year 12 is still a sign of academic promise, which is what Oxbridge looks for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads