The Student Room Group

my 32 year old boss likes me

Okay so for proper context, last summer i worked at a restaurant and the head chef (40 year old and i was 18 years old at the time) took advantage of me several times, purposely getting me drunk to do so. i was also going through an eating disorder so i was underweight and suffering badly, i was too scared to tell anyone but i eventually did. since then i’ve been diagnosed with PTSD and have been receiving therapy for it. since coming to uni I met my current boyfriend and am happy with him - i am slowly healing from the trauma. but recently i’ve taken up a new job at a different restaurant and my new boss i realised has been flirting with me. i had a bit of a crush on him and i’ve been feeling ashamed of it because i love my boyfriend so why am i crushing on my boss? but now my boss has been making moves, touching me, watching me get changed in the staff room, heavily flirting, etc. and now i’m extremely uncomfortable and feel scared, i was crushing on him but the reality of it all is freaking me out and i don’t want it. i really don’t.

what i’m confused about is why i would crush on him then change my mind like this? and if it’s normal to crush whilst in a relationship? because it doesn’t feel normal and right now all i feel is guilt. i don’t know what to do, i feel too scared to tell my boss i don’t want to go through with it
Reply 1
Hi, you can change your mind at any point, don’t let your manager pressure you into anything. If something doesn’t feel right, take a step back and think it through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending