Eligibility for laptop from DSA

Watch this thread
STUDENT1308!
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew what makes you eligible for a laptop through DSA. I am eligible for DSA because of a long term health condition and anxiety. I had my assessment a few weeks ago where I was told that if I contributed £200 I would be able to get a new laptop since it is over 4 years old. I just received my Assessment Report which says that my current laptop is unsuitable in the recommendations but under the summary of costs it does not mention a laptop. When I inquired I received a reply from the same accessor to say that I am actually not eligible for a laptop. I require a laptop to be able to upload information from medical devices to share with the hospital. Does anyone know what makes someone eligible to receive a laptop as I thought most people got them?
Thanks in advance
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
They said that I was eligible for a laptop because due to my dyslexia I have illegible hand writing and slow writting speeds. I also need special software to help with my uni work as my course will be very research based and my organisation is terrible. Maybe they said you didn't need it because the use isn't directly linked to your course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads