university withdrew me when that wasn't the plan

Watch this thread
ve_e
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically, my mental health has really got bad when I started uni and I decided to take a gap year and continue my studies on a different course. I was in the process of sorting that out. I had mental health appointments with the university, I was emailing other courses to see if they'll take me. Then one day I couldn't log into my email and I call the uni and they tell me I'm not a student there anymore. They ruined everything for me and have basically given me more stress knowing my mental health isn't the best right now. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of applying to a new university but I'm not sure how to do that through UCAS as you need a reference. I also want to speak to my uni about them just withdrawing me when that wasn't the plan.
sickofthis
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I’m really sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Obviously, you need to speak to the uni first and tell them exactly what you’ve just said (even better if you have all of the emails you’ve sent and any other documentation about your place at the uni so they can’t say you haven’t communicated with them).

Secondly, if you do decide to change unis and need a reference, I am not entirely sure exactly how but I’m sure you can find info on this from the UCAS website ( probably under the section that talks about external applicants or applicants that are not at a sixth form/ college). It might just be a case of contacting your old school and gaining a reference that way.

I really hope you manage to find a solution and wish you the best of luck!
Last edited by sickofthis; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads