Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey im in cambridge tomorrow for an interview at the john lewis there, anyone tell me where the nearest, and cheapest car park is??? Ive checked on the JL website and they're rather unhelpful!

ReputationRep:
    Park and Ride is your best bet, it makes life easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Park and Ride is your best bet, it makes life easier.

elaborate?? :p:

ReputationRep:
    There are car parks all over, Cambridge is a haven for car-owners.

Just head for the centre, you'll have no trouble whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    The Grand Arcade car park is literally right next to John Lewis, but it's not cheap. There's also bus stops right outside the store.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/tra...d/parkandride/

I think Park&Ride is the best option. The city 'centre' is pure hell for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians alike.

ReputationRep:
    I generally use Madingley Road park and ride when I drive down to see my bf - costs £2 for the day and there are buses every ten mins to and from the city centre. Don't try parking in town, it'll cost you an arm and a leg, especially the Grand Arcade car park.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I remember the last time i graced cambridge, i could have potentially killed so many cyclists...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    I generally use Madingley Road park and ride when I drive down to see my bf - costs £2 for the day and there are buses every ten mins to and from the city centre. Don't try parking in town, it'll cost you an arm and a leg, especially the Grand Arcade car park.
    does that include the bus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    does that include the bus?

Yep, you don't actually buy a ticket for your car, you just pay the £2 when you get on the bus, and that's a return ticket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Yep, you don't actually buy a ticket for your car, you just pay the £2 when you get on the bus, and that's a return ticket.

awesome i'll be taking that then...woo, thanks guys

don't really want the job, BUT its ridiculously well paid!!!!!! so if i dont get any other jobs, it'll be this one..I'll be a security guard lol

ReputationRep:
    No probs, good luck

I shall pop in if you get it and wave at you :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol aww thanks, my only concern is getting a place in cambridge, as property is so expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    lol aww thanks, my only concern is getting a place in cambridge, as property is so expensive!
    LOLs you're perma-banned!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The bus is actually £2.20 now just so you know. It's gone up

Have fun getting somewhere to live in Cambridge, its hellish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)

oh dear, is it that bad? I considered living in a town near by and commuting, may be easier??! Is it that theres not enough places going, or too expensive??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)

Ooh, thanks for pointing that out - didn't know it had gone up, I haven't driven down in a couple of months as I'm living in London now, so I just get the train.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well I had a studio flat last year, everything was in one big room, with no proper bathroom, and it cost me 540 a month exclusive of bills. And that was the cheapest I could find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    Well I had a studio flat last year, everything was in one big room, with no proper bathroom, and it cost me 540 a month exclusive of bills. And that was the cheapest I could find.

wow.... and i thought bristol was expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    oh no this doesnt seem good. i was thinking about maybe living out of college next year.... but wont be possible if its that expensive. maybe it'd be possible house sharing, or at least i hope so....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.