How to use the discount card?

Watch this thread
flowerdanni16
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't know if I'm an idiot but I was given my discount card and never been shown or told how to use it but I have no idea where to swipe it on the self checkout. There's no barcode on the back of it. I swear I'm stupid but can someone help me please by describing how to do it.
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What discount card is it? Is it for a particular shop, for example?
flowerdanni16
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)
What discount card is it? Is it for a particular shop, for example?
It's a colleague discount card for Asda
Littleemma98
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by flowerdanni16)
It's a colleague discount card for Asda
Don't you just present the card at the checkout once the items you have bought been put through by another staff member and then they apply the discount for you and it might be the same for self checkouts that you'll need a staff member to do it for you...!!

If you are a staff member at Asda you should know how to use the card....!! Don't you get training on the checkouts.....!!
Schotel
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I thought you’d just scan it like a club card just at the tills?
flowerdanni16
Rep:
(Original post by Littleemma98)
Don't you just present the card at the checkout once the items you have bought been put through by another staff member and then they apply the discount for you and it might be the same for self checkouts that you'll need a staff member to do it for you...!!

If you are a staff member at Asda you should know how to use the card....!! Don't you get training on the checkouts.....!!
It's not to open tills or anything like that. It's to get a discount off shopping that's all. I didn't get taught how to use it I was just given it.
Littleemma98
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's not to open tills or anything like that. It's to get a discount off shopping that's all. I didn't get taught how to use it I was just given it.
I know that

You are supposed to present the card at the checkout and then whoever is servings you will enter your card number I think.

I have a similar card that I use in my part-time job in big name chemist and all we do is show the checkout staff member our card and they enter the information to activate the discount.

If you weren't shown how to use it then perhaps you'll need to ask someone at your Asda store you work in about using the card.
Maybe you have to register it first Via calling your help desk number...!!
Last edited by Littleemma98; 1 month ago
Mohammed_80
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't know if I'm an idiot but I was given my discount card and never been shown or told how to use it but I have no idea where to swipe it on the self checkout. There's no barcode on the back of it. I swear I'm stupid but can someone help me please by describing how to do it.
Hi I would probably presume having completed your probation period successfully and received your discount card wouldn’t the first thing be to activate it first?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads