can i sit at the back of the exam in gcse

Watch this thread
AAAA22
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i get really bad panic attacks during the mocks i have, sitting in the middle or front just makes me feel dizzy and i feel like if i make a noise everyone will look at me. I know u might say, "nobody is lookng at u" , "ur very dramatic " or "its for .. long u wont die" etc
i understand but i cant control it. its like a hiccup, if it comes it comes!!
Last edited by AAAA22; 1 month ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You would need to go through your schools exams officer to see what reasonable adjustments could be made for your condition.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AAAA22)
i get really bad panic attacks during the mocks i have, sitting in the middle or front just makes me feel dizzy and i feel like if i make a noise everyone will look at me. I know u might say, "nobody is lookng at u" , "ur very dramatic " or "its for .. long u wont die" etc
Your exams staff can sit you wherever they want to but they have to have a seating plan in case there's any investigation of cheating/copying etc and it helps them ensure people get the right papers so you can't just sit wherever you like. Talk to your school about your worries and ask them if they will seat you somewhere you feel more relaxed.
Last edited by gdunne42; 1 month ago
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Speak to your head of year/exams officer and they might be able to make arrangements for you to do this, ik one of my friends was able to sit at the back due to panic attacks so this should be the case for you, but it depends on the situation
exex!
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey
I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with this during your mocks.
I would recommend going to talk to the exams officer or learning support team at your school. Tell them exactly what you have told us, and that you think you might need to sit at the back etc. They may be able to adjust the seating plans to allow this. Alternatively, they may be able to help you through other methods such as rest breaks or smaller rooms (although please be aware that these solutions are probably less common).
Also, you may find benefit in talking to a GP, if you haven't already, about your panic attacks. They may be able to give you some advice/support/medication to help you better deal with these situations - and if you do start something soon, hopefully these will help before the real exams come around.
Best of luck x
Rara345
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As others have said definitely speak to your exams office, I sit at the back of the hall and it’s all absolutely fine.
They might even be able to give you other exam adjustments to help you, such as rest breaks for when you have a bad panic attack, especially if you have a drs note.
Edit to add, oh I just saw someone already said that haha
Last edited by Rara345; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads