The Student Room Group

Older woman keeps hitting on me

I started a new job and I thought that she realised that we are obv just friends then she asked me out on a date I said let's just be friends. However now she wants to go to the cinema with me as just friends however she is nearly 60;nd I am 30 like wtf

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I started a new job and I thought that she realised that we are obv just friends then she asked me out on a date I said let's just be friends. However now she wants to go to the cinema with me as just friends however she is nearly 60;nd I am 30 like wtf

Just tell her to stop.
Original post by sufys
Just tell her to stop.

No but that will make it very awkward and difficult to carry on working there
Say "I don't date grannies, sorry".
No but that will make it very awkward and difficult to carry on working there

It sounds like it's already very awkward and difficult to work there.

...Or maybe not? If she actually is happy to just be friends and wants to watch a movie with you as friends (I said IF), is there a problem with that? There's absolutely nothing wrong with having friends that are older than you.

Obviously though if she keeps hitting on you you should shoot her down as politely and firmly as possible.
(edited 1 year ago)
Tell her you will take her to the cinema. Meet up with 10 of your loudest mates and go watch a slasher/ horror movie like 'Freddie' or 'The Exorcist'. If she enjoys it tell her next time you will take her to an underground bare knuckle cage fight and tell her the fight won't stop until one person has to be taken to hospital.

She may wish to be your sugar lady. Age is sometimes just a number so,,,,,, maybe don't knock it till you've tried it!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Bullseye180
Tell her you will take her to the cinema. Meet up with 10 of your loudest mates and go watch a slasher/ horror movie like 'Freddie' or 'The Exorcist'. If she enjoys it tell her next time you will take her to an underground bare knuckle cage fight and tell her the fight won't stop until one person has to be taken to hospital.

She may wish to be your sugar lady. Age is sometimes just a number so,,,,,, maybe don't knock it till you've tried it!

she is willing to pay for my ticket lol but she is actually poor however she said she wants me to do her a favor by accompanying her to the cinema but she must have someone else to go with
maybe she just wants to be friends and your overthinking the situation?
what movie does she want to watch btw?
Original post by wiccan404
what movie does she want to watch btw?

jurassic park
Original post by wiccan404
maybe she just wants to be friends and your overthinking the situation?

yeah but when I friend zoned er I kind of meant **** off and leave me alone
jurassic park

heard the movie is bad
She might just be lonely
Reply 13
Are you single? Is she rich and lonely? If both of these are yes then I think you've found a sugar mommy 😂

Tbh there's worse situations to be in. Send her my way and I'll take her to Jurassic park as none of my mates wanna see it lol. We can be lonely together
yeah she prob is lonely I might just go fo food with her to get her to shut up but I ain't watching a two hour **** film with her
^ I am cryingggggg you don't owe anyone your time. If you don't want to, why on earth would you spend time with her? I am sorry, I don't understand the logic.
Reply 16
(Original post by Anonymous)yeah she prob is lonely I might just go fo food with her to get her to shut up but I ain't watching a two hour **** film with her

Amateur move because then you have to look at and talk to her for the duration. The cinema is silence and facing a screen. Just watch out for her wandering granny hands. You never know what's hiding at the bottom of the popcorn bucket
yeah but when I friend zoned er I kind of meant **** off and leave me alone

Haha “friendzone” is not the same as “leave me the **** alone”. If you want to be left alone, don’t give mixed signals. Being direct is respectful to both your and her time.
jurassic park

Does she like horror movies? I think you should watch Trollhunter with her.
Why must she have someone else to go with? Does she have a medical problem that you have to help her with? Does she not feel safe in the cinema alone as it is dark? Does she need you to walk her home? 60 I wouldn't class as not being able to do things on her own.

Tell you what, look up some meet and greets places for people 55s and over and pass the information on to her. Think that's a nice way for her to get the message and she may find she makes some friends to go out to the cinema with.

she is willing to pay for my ticket lol but she is actually poor however she said she wants me to do her a favor by accompanying her to the cinema but she must have someone else to go with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending